can you still migrate after reconnecting BT line?

Old July 23rd 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default can you still migrate after reconnecting BT line?

Does anyone know what the situation is with a BT line which has
recently (last month) been disconnected and then reconnected?

I know the previous tenant in my flat had BT broadband. Having just
reconnected the line, and been given a different telephone number, can
I get a MAC code and migrate to another broadband provider. Or am I
doomed to pay 40-50 broadband activation fee?

Old July 23rd 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Does anyone know what the situation is with a BT line which has
recently (last month) been disconnected and then reconnected?

I know the previous tenant in my flat had BT broadband. Having just
reconnected the line, and been given a different telephone number, can
I get a MAC code and migrate to another broadband provider. Or am I
doomed to pay 40-50 broadband activation fee?

You have to pay. You were not the previous user so cannot migrate.

Peter Crosland

Old July 23rd 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know what the situation is with a BT line which has
recently (last month) been disconnected and then reconnected?

I know the previous tenant in my flat had BT broadband. Having just
reconnected the line, and been given a different telephone number, can
I get a MAC code and migrate to another broadband provider. Or am I
doomed to pay 40-50 broadband activation fee?

New line new number new user sorry I believe you will have to pay but look
around some will not charge up front ...

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk