Signed up for 12 months - can I leave early?

Old July 23rd 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

Default Signed up for 12 months - can I leave early?

I'll spare the long story, but 3 months ago I signed up for BT Broadband
Option 3 (8 Mb) - Since then, after considerable hassle, I still only
have a 2 Mb service (the same as I had before the 'upgrade'), despite
being offered 6.5 Mb when I signed up

This appears to be a simple configuration issue (BRAS profile) rather
than a genuine problem with the line (which, I'm told is extremely good
- and anyway, if I believed it was a genuine line I wouldn't be upset).

Technical support can't solve the problem, or escalate it to someone who
can. Even getting through to the complaints department, and getting
passed to a supervisor in tech support, didn't solve the problem, or
even get it escalated.

My patience with BT is now nearly exhausted and I wish to leave for one
of the LLU providers as soon as possible.

Are BT likely to play hardball with me if I ask to leave them after only
3 months?
Old July 23rd 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 23-Jul-2006, Mark wrote:

Are BT likely to play hardball with me if I ask to leave them after only
3 months?

If you ask to leave it might well escalate things.
Tried Ofcom?
Old July 23rd 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Patchy The Pirate

wrote in message

On 23-Jul-2006, Mark wrote:

Are BT likely to play hardball with me if I ask to leave them after only
3 months?

If you ask to leave it might well escalate things.
Tried Ofcom?

Bust your download limits month after month, they'll happily give you a MAC
code.

Patchy

Old July 23rd 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Orite

"Mark" wrote in message

I know Pipex charge 50 + VAT to leave early, so I guess the btinternet
would charge the same.

Have you contacted them about this?

Old July 23rd 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

Arfur wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:34:35 +0100, Mark
wrote in uk.telecom.broadband:

Are BT likely to play hardball with me if I ask to leave them after only
3 months?

It's unlikely that they will send a taxi load of drunks with baseball
bats to discuss the matter with you. On the other hand....

....they will charge for the remaining nine months.

If they acknowledge a "persistent technical fault", then they can waive
the charges, however...

xF,

....Nick