How to give permissions to open files/folders?

Old July 23rd 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Jones

Default How to give permissions to open files/folders?

Please just remind me...I have 2 pc's networked - all ok except certain
folders on one pc shows I haven't got permission to open...how do I arange
permissions?
Thanks. John

Old July 27th 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sparks

"John Jones" wrote in message
Please just remind me...I have 2 pc's networked - all ok except certain
folders on one pc shows I haven't got permission to open...how do I arange
permissions?
Thanks. John

Are you trying to access them over the network or on the local PC?
What operating system? XP home, XP Pro etc..

Sparks...

Old July 28th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Jones

"Sparks" wrote in message
"John Jones" wrote in message
Please just remind me...I have 2 pc's networked - all ok except certain
folders on one pc shows I haven't got permission to open...how do I
arange permissions?
Thanks. John

Are you trying to access them over the network or on the local PC?
What operating system? XP home, XP Pro etc..

The two pc's are side by side.
PC1, the main one, and connected to the Internet, is XP pro
PC2, the other, which connects to the internet via PC1 is XP home