ATA3000 drops inbound PSTN calls

Old July 23rd 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin

Default ATA3000 drops inbound PSTN calls

I have a Linksys/Sipura ATA3000, set up so that I can use the existing
house phones to make or receive both PSTN calls and VOIP calls.

Recently, I've found that when people call me on the PSTN number,
calls get dropped after 2 to 6 minutes. I suddenly get an
unobtainable tone, while callers get a click followed by nothing.

It's always possible that it's a BT problem - but a quick test call to
my BT number with the ATA disconnected has kept going for 19 mins so
far.

Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?

Cheers,

- Martin.

Old July 25th 06, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Martin wrote:
I have a Linksys/Sipura ATA3000, set up so that I can use the existing
house phones to make or receive both PSTN calls and VOIP calls.

Recently, I've found that when people call me on the PSTN number,
calls get dropped after 2 to 6 minutes. I suddenly get an
unobtainable tone, while callers get a click followed by nothing.

It's always possible that it's a BT problem - but a quick test call to
my BT number with the ATA disconnected has kept going for 19 mins so
far.

Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?

Cheers,

- Martin.

What settings do you have for PSTN Disconnect Detection in PSTN tab
Old July 26th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin

Sean wrote:

Martin wrote:
I have a Linksys/Sipura ATA3000, set up so that I can use the existing
house phones to make or receive both PSTN calls and VOIP calls.

Recently, I've found that when people call me on the PSTN number,
calls get dropped after 2 to 6 minutes. I suddenly get an
unobtainable tone, while callers get a click followed by nothing.

It's always possible that it's a BT problem - but a quick test call to
my BT number with the ATA disconnected has kept going for 19 mins so
far.

Has anyone seen this problem with the ATA3000?

Cheers,

- Martin.

What settings do you have for PSTN Disconnect Detection in PSTN tab

Sean,
My settings a

PSTN Disconnect Detection
Detect CPC: yes
Detect Polarity Reversal: no
Detect PSTN Long Silence: yes
Detect VoIP Long Silence: no
PSTN Long Silence Duration: 30
VoIP Long Silence Duration: 30
PSTN Silence Threshold: medium
Min CPC Duration: 0.09
Detect Disconnect Tone: yes
Disconnect Tone: [email protected];20(*/0/1)

I'll look these up in the manual!
Thanks for this and any further pointers.

Another possibility is that hostile Internet traffic is hitting by ATA
device. I guess I could set the router to block traffic to/from the ATA's
IP address except to/from my provider Gradwell... but I'm having trouble
remembering how this stuff all works anyway, e.g. whether all traffic
passes through Gradwell or some of it goes direct.

Cheers

- Martin.