DNS failures?

Old July 23rd 06, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

Default DNS failures?

I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of hours
[Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,

Old July 24th 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Joe Soap wrote:
I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of hours
[Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

Which DNS servers do you use?
Old July 24th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rőbstër

Joe Soap ] wrote in
:

I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of
hours [Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

I live in that area, but I may have a different ISP to you, and different
DNS servers - I've not had a problem resolving sites from here.
Old July 24th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

in :

Joe Soap wrote:
I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of
hours [Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

Which DNS servers do you use?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

Old July 25th 06, 07:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Joe Soap wrote:
in :

Joe Soap wrote:
I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of
hours [Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

Which DNS servers do you use?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

How on earth are you going to get any help if you can't identify the DNS
servers you are having trouble with?

I initially responded because I live near you and I am not having any
DNS related problems - but then I doubt very much we are using the same
servers.
Old July 25th 06, 08:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Joe Soap" ] wrote in message
. ..
in :

Joe Soap wrote:
I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of
hours [Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

Which DNS servers do you use?

Do you always answer a question with a question?

I'm glad you aren't one of my customers...

Old July 25th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Helpful Harry

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 13:47:08 +0100, Joe Soap
] wrote:

I seem to be suffering spasmodic DNS failures, for the last couple of hours
[Southampton/Portsmouth area].

Anybody else having DNS problems?

This is a question for your ISP to answer as it is, I expect, their
DNS servers that you are using.

It is nothing to do with where you live.

--
Harry
Old July 25th 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 25-Jul-2006, Helpful Harry wrote:

This is a question for your ISP to answer as it is, I expect, their
DNS servers that you are using.

It is nothing to do with where you live.

Check it out yourself, there are many "ping" utilities
including those built into Windows. Some gather
stats over a period of time.
Just plug in the IP address of your DNS server.
Often the DNS server is your local router in which
case your BB connection may be playing up.
In any event, ping and traceroute utilities will show
up what's gone pear shaped.
Old July 25th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Lukasik

I'm glad you aren't one of my customers...

I have to speak to such people all the time; the worst thing is they think
I'm stupid, just because I'm not British...
Quite annoying sometimes...

m.

Old July 25th 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Lukasik

Anybody else having DNS problems?

No, we're not.

m.