Sipgate not working for forwarded calls

Old July 24th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Red Dave

Default Sipgate not working for forwarded calls

There's problems with Sipgate accepting forwarded calls, e.g. calls made
from a landline to a provider who then SIP-forward the call to your SIP ID
at Sipgate. Calls made direct to the Sipgate phone number work (i.e.
avoiding the forwarding service).

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the problem. No timescale
for a resolution :-(

RDD

Old July 24th 06, 06:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen M Baines

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:31:23 +0100, "Red Dave"
wrote:

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the problem. No timescale
for a resolution :-(

If it's not one thing, it's another. Does it ever work reliably for
more than a day at a time?
--
Stephen M Baines
http://www.kitschcamppalace.org.uk
Old July 24th 06, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Red Dave" wrote in message
There's problems with Sipgate accepting forwarded calls, e.g. calls made
from a landline to a provider who then SIP-forward the call to your SIP ID
at Sipgate. Calls made direct to the Sipgate phone number work (i.e.
avoiding the forwarding service).

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the problem. No
timescale for a resolution :-(

RDD

...............Hmm. these problems seem to coincide with mine - which I
raised in the post "SPA1001" on 22/7/06

Old July 24th 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Stephen M Baines explained on 24/07/2006 :
wrote:

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the problem. No timescale
for a resolution :-(

If it's not one thing, it's another. Does it ever work reliably for
more than a day at a time?

FFS, they hardly charge the earth for the service now, do they?

Old July 24th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gareth Evans

"Red Dave" wrote in message
There's problems with Sipgate accepting forwarded calls, e.g. calls made
from a landline to a provider who then SIP-forward the call to your SIP ID
at Sipgate. Calls made direct to the Sipgate phone number work (i.e.
avoiding the forwarding service).

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the problem. No
timescale for a resolution :-(

RDD

I have the same problem. I sent an email to Sipgate about this, but have not
yet received a response.

Gareth

Old July 25th 06, 01:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Red Dave" wrote in
message
There's problems with Sipgate accepting forwarded calls,
e.g. calls made from a landline to a provider who then
SIP-forward the call to your SIP ID at Sipgate. Calls
made direct to the Sipgate phone number work (i.e.
avoiding the forwarding service).
I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the
problem. No timescale for a resolution :-(

RDD

Are you referring to IPKall..? Yes I am also suffering from this problem.

Ivor

Old July 25th 06, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the
problem. No timescale for a resolution :-(

If it's not one thing, it's another. Does it ever work
reliably for more than a day at a time?

I don't really think it's their problem. I am receiving calls to my
numbers direct, it's only calls to my US IPKall number that aren't
working, which leads me to think it's their fault rather than Sipgate's.

What's the other thing..?

Ivor

Old July 25th 06, 04:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
news

In message , Ivor Jones
writes

it's only calls to my US IPKall number that aren't
working, which leads me to think it's their fault rather than Sipgate's.

Ivor, my IPKall number (forwarded to Voipfone) still works fine. Which
leads me to believe that Sipgate is the problem :-))

--
Ian
Old July 25th 06, 06:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stephen M Baines

wrote:

I've spoke to Steve Mancour and they're aware of the problem. No timescale
for a resolution :-(

If it's not one thing, it's another. Does it ever work reliably for
more than a day at a time?

FFS, they hardly charge the earth for the service now, do they?

When I pay for a service (and I do pay), I expect it to work most of
the time reliably. The last couple of weeks have been dreadful. My
second provider has been rock solid.