MAC codes

Old July 24th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Seventhson

Default MAC codes

How long should it take for an isp to send you a MAC? I phoned Orange last
night to ask for mine and they said it would be sent by email and arrive
shortly, but no sign of it yet.

Old July 24th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

Seventhson wrote:
How long should it take for an isp to send you a MAC? I phoned Orange last
night to ask for mine and they said it would be sent by email and arrive
shortly, but no sign of it yet.

Depends on the ISP, their internal policies/procedures and their current
turnaround times really. The actual process of generating a MAC key for
an IPStream customer takes but a couple of minutes for someone with the
relevant systems access.

Regards,

Old July 24th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Seventhson submitted this idea :
How long should it take for an isp to send you a MAC? I phoned Orange last
night to ask for mine and they said it would be sent by email and arrive
shortly, but no sign of it yet.

It's taken me since the 7th July to get one from Orange.

No email (as promised) so called up today & they actually gave it over
the phone.

They originally assured me the email would arrive within 48 hours. 72
hours later, they changed to "within 10 days"

Old July 25th 06, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:33:03 +0100, "Seventhson"
wrote:

How long should it take for an isp to send you a MAC? I phoned Orange last
night to ask for mine and they said it would be sent by email and arrive
shortly, but no sign of it yet.

I'm migrating from Plusnet and I received mine in about 12 hours last
week
--

Martin

Old July 25th 06, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pier Danone

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote in message
| On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:33:03 +0100, "Seventhson"
| wrote:
|
| How long should it take for an isp to send you a MAC? I phoned Orange last
| night to ask for mine and they said it would be sent by email and arrive
| shortly, but no sign of it yet.
|

| I'm migrating from Plusnet and I received mine in about 12 hours last
| week
| --
|
| Martin

Ask a BT engineer for you CBUK number and BBIP number if they will oblige. The
latter is the MAC code and most ISPs just add a '/' and some crap after it that
the system ignores. Then you are never at the mercy of your ISP. I totally
enjoyed doing this to plusnet when they tried to withhold it being awkward. They
did look like ****s when the migration went ahead without giving me a mac code.
In fact, they got propper ****y about it and threatened me with court. It's been
a year and still no summons.......