2 IP Camera setup

Old July 24th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cyberdog

Default 2 IP Camera setup

Hi,
I have setup 2 Axis IP Cameras, but I am having some problems logging onto
them, and I think it could have something to do with the port being used. What
I would like to know is, can I port forward port 80 for both cameras or do I
have to use two different ports??
If so which port should I use along with port 80.
Thanks
Old July 27th 06, 10:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sparks

"Cyberdog" wrote in message
Hi,
I have setup 2 Axis IP Cameras, but I am having some problems logging onto
them, and I think it could have something to do with the port being used.
What
I would like to know is, can I port forward port 80 for both cameras or do
have to use two different ports??
If so which port should I use along with port 80.
Thanks

If you are accessing them from inside the same network, then they can all me
on the same port, if you want to access them directly via the internet, then
you need to use different ports for each camera - 80, 81 work world fine!

You then need to configure your router to port forward port 80 to camera 1
and 81 to camera 2.

Some routers can port forward to different ports either side, so, for
example, port 81 on the outside world can point at port 80 on something
inside your network - if this is the case with your router, you only need to
configure your router to do this, and leave all the cameras on the default
port of 80.

Sparks...

Old July 27th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Cyberdog

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:24:37 +0100, "Sparks" wrote:

"Cyberdog" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks for that. I have just completed setting them up. I have had to use
ports 8000 - 8001, as for some reason they will not work using ports 80 - 80.
Thanks