Orange toolbar

Old July 26th 06, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
C!

Default Orange toolbar

Hi All,

I have recently installed my new livebox. Appart from the "Orange
toolbar" and "Yahoo toolbar", what else did the livebox CD install on
my computer? I have never had a yahoo toolbar installed without
popping up a license agreement before!

Chris

Old July 26th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
C!

C! wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently installed my new livebox. Appart from the "Orange
toolbar" and "Yahoo toolbar", what else did the livebox CD install on
my computer? I have never had a yahoo toolbar installed without
popping up a license agreement before!

Chris

Correction: The livebox installation did install and "Orange Toolbar".
It didn't install the Y! but did reactivate it (ie the Y! toolbar
appeared again). Orange customer services are unable to tell me if any
other software had been installed on my computer by their drivers

Old July 26th 06, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hollywood

C! Wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently installed my new livebox. Appart from the "Orange
toolbar" and "Yahoo toolbar", what else did the livebox CD install on
my computer? I have never had a yahoo toolbar installed without
popping up a license agreement before!

Chris

Check your local settings under both sets of application history.
Anything out of the norm there might be from Live Box; although with
exception to browser features, shouldn't be much else.

You should be able by to have this information emailed to you if you
request it through customer service.

BTW, check out my Orange/Livebox thread down this page; maybe you can
help me soon.

GL

--
Hollywood
Old July 29th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"C!" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi All,

I have recently installed my new livebox. Appart from the "Orange
toolbar" and "Yahoo toolbar", what else did the livebox CD install on
my computer? I have never had a yahoo toolbar installed without
popping up a license agreement before!

I'd suggest now is a good time to scan your PC for spyware

Old July 29th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

"C!" wrote in message
ps.com...

I have recently installed my new livebox....

Why does a router need "installing"? There is no need, IMO. It's only the
crap that companies such as Orange/Wanadoo/AOL et al want to hijack your PC
with that gets installed. Unless of course, I suppose, this new 'Livebox'
thing requires some additional PC installed software for VOIP?

FWIW, a private job I am in the throes of doing for someone involves Orange,
a 'Livebox', a non-working ADSL login, and tech support who I can neither
understand nor make understand that they have authentication problems on
this account.

VOIP seems to be the industry 'buzzword' of late, and yet again, we have a
round of companies who jump on the bandwagon with 'self-install' options
that do little else but screw up a user's PC, or simply don't work because
said companies rush out the goods with no support infrastructure in place...

/rant

*sigh*