Netgear WG111T

Old July 26th 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alt

Default Netgear WG111T

Hello,

I'm having problems setting up my Netgear WG111T on Windows 2000.
Everything installs OK, it finds the dongle and fires up the wizard to
search for networks. When I select my network, which is a broadband
router (Netgear also) I don't get the "advanced" selection to type in a
WPA-PSK key. It's greyed out!?

However, I've got a laptop too with Windows XP and the advanced
selection *is* available and I *can* type in the key and connect.

Is there anybody that's had this problem with Windows 2000? Or has any
suggestions of things for me to try, I'm getting really frustrated now
after playing with it for 4 hours! I'm running SP 4.

Thanks.

alt

http://www.skymonkey.co.uk/blog

Old July 26th 06, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

alt wrote:
Hello,

I'm having problems setting up my Netgear WG111T on Windows 2000.
Everything installs OK, it finds the dongle and fires up the wizard
search for networks. When I select my network, which is a broadband
router (Netgear also) I don't get the "advanced" selection to type
in
a WPA-PSK key. It's greyed out!?

However, I've got a laptop too with Windows XP and the advanced
selection *is* available and I *can* type in the key and connect.

Is there anybody that's had this problem with Windows 2000? Or has
any
suggestions of things for me to try, I'm getting really frustrated
now
after playing with it for 4 hours! I'm running SP 4.

Don't all Netgear wifi cards have to be setup with the Netgear
software included with the card, or downloaded from their site? I
know the 3 I've had have to be done that way, no matter what the OS..

Old July 26th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Isitsafe

May be the 'dongle' is being recognised as 802.11b instead of 802.11g
device?

Old July 26th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

windows2000 does not support WPA-PSK, you need a third party
application.