Blueyonder bandwidth limits for their unlimited service?

Old July 26th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Blueyonder bandwidth limits for their unlimited service?

I have BY 4mb unlimited, but I have received a letter from them saying
that they have noticed high usage and may have to "apply a restriction"

I don't think I have high usage, just normal browings and some
occasional file downloads, but certainly not constant downloading or
uploading. And my usage has been the same for the past 5 years since I
got broadband.

I can't find any published information on what is "high usage" or how
thay determine this - daily, weekly, monthly etc. And the AUP seems to
mention use of a server but nothing else

There is no mention of download limits in my contract with them, and I
don't recall agreeing the the AUP anyhow.

So what are the usage limits and what are the "restrictions"

Or is it a money making scam in line with all their other recent price
hikes?

dg

Old July 26th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dg

Yddap wrote:
In ups.com,
opined loudly:

SNIP

Do you also have phone and TV from them ?
has come up before and boils down to very high phone or TV pay for films
usage
--

Yddap

Yes, but phone not used much and we don't use the PPV on the TV

Thanks

dg

Old July 26th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 26 Jul 2006 10:58:15 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Have you tried asking TW?

news:blueyonder.support.access.hi-speed would seem a logical place to
ask this sort of quateion.

I have BY's 10MB plan with a telephone (incoming only, mainly) and an
STB (no PPV no film channles, mainly tuned to Sky News) and my
downloads are continually heavy - no complaints, ever.

Service is bloody good too!

cheers

BJ

Old July 26th 06, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have BY 4mb unlimited, but I have received a letter from them saying
that they have noticed high usage and may have to "apply a restriction"

They tend to do this with users who have an infected PC that is sending spam
emails and such stuff.
Is the letter from the abuse department?

They don't care about bandwidth as such.