low cost pbx/ivr required

Old July 27th 06, 07:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Glenn Clark

Default low cost pbx/ivr required

Hi all

I am looking for a low cots pbx/ivr software system. Basicly I have a 0845
voip account which I would like to divert to mailbox with a message after
closing and during the day divert the call to my mobile. What I would like
is poeple to be able to select and option ie 1 sales 2 support etc which all
really go to the same place. I have seen some free stuff for Linux servers
but need something for windows

Thanks

Glenn

Old July 27th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mike

Glenn Clark wrote:
I have seen some free stuff for Linux servers
but need something for windows

Unfortunately Asterisk will do exactly what you want but runs under
Linux. That said, once installed with a frontend such as FreePBX it is
insanely easy to manage and configure. If you are unsure about Linux why
not go to a local LUG (Linux User Group) meet? You are bound to find
someone there who will be more than happy to help for the price of a
beer or two.
Old July 27th 06, 10:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Mike wrote:
Glenn Clark wrote:
I have seen some free stuff for Linux servers
but need something for windows

Unfortunately Asterisk will do exactly what you want but runs under
Linux. That said, once installed with a frontend such as FreePBX it is
insanely easy to manage and configure. If you are unsure about Linux why
not go to a local LUG (Linux User Group) meet? You are bound to find
someone there who will be more than happy to help for the price of a
beer or two.

If you really need to run it on Windows, then the vmware version of
[email protected]/Trixbox could be a contender. Echo on Glenn's comment
about FreePBX being a doddle to manage your Asterisk system.

Old July 27th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Hi all

I am looking for a low cots pbx/ivr software system. Basicly I have a 0845
voip account which I would like to divert to mailbox with a message after
closing and during the day divert the call to my mobile. What I would like
is poeple to be able to select and option ie 1 sales 2 support etc which
all really go to the same place. I have seen some free stuff for Linux
servers but need something for windows

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glen, lets see if I can get you to reconsider the Trixbox on Linux
option.

My server is an old Pentium II 300Mhz with 256Mb ram and a 10 gig HD

It was otherwise destined for the skip.

You simply download the iso image, burn it to a CDR, bung it in the drive
and let it boot.

In less than an hour your server will have built itself. After that it can
sit in the corner with just 2 cables connected viz. power and Ethernet. The
monitor, keyboard, mouse and even the CD drive can be removed and used for
something more useful, as you will be administering the server from a web
browser on a windows machine. An SSH client like PuTTY is also useful when
you need to access the console.

The point I am making is I regard my Asterisk server as just another box on
my network, no different to the router ATA or my wireless AP (although it
does use rather more electricity than the other three). The fact it uses an
OS that I know little about isn't much of an issue.

To put it another way, do you know someone with a TiVo pvr?

Did they know when they bought it that it was a PC running Linux?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old July 27th 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 27 Jul 2006 22:16:08 +0200, "Graham." wrote:

[...]

You might take a look at, the web based,easypabx.com. It is easy to
set up and should do all you want it to do. How reliable it is I
wouldn't like to say but I think that it is reasonable.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 27th 06, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mattpark

I concur with all the comments above.

I use [email protected] (soon to swop over to trixbox) on a server in our
rack at the data center. Will run just as happily in the corner of
your office on an old PC hooked up to your router. Really easy to set
up to handle your calls just like you asked.

If you need a hand setting up just drop me a message to mailme at
matthewpark.co.uk adn i'd be glad to help!

Matt
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old July 28th 06, 08:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Glenn Clark

Thanks all for the advise. I may just try the trixbox solution and see how i
get on. What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
other than ip phones i guess

Many thanks

Glenn

Old July 28th 06, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

Glenn Clark wrote:
What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
other than ip phones i guess

Apart from what Graham said, nothing really, as you could use that
(Trixbox) with softphones on your PC(s). You don't necessarily need IP
phones, though flexibilty could be enhanced by the addition of ATAs or
IPphones.

Useful setup guides and resources can be found here (not in any
particualr order):
http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=140
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/A...+Handbook+Wiki
http://dumbme.voipeye.com.au/aah/Ast...umbMeGuide.htm

Old July 28th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Matt

paul123 wrote:
Glenn Clark wrote:
What other hardware will I need to get the system up and running
other than ip phones i guess

Apart from what Graham said, nothing really, as you could use that
(Trixbox) with softphones on your PC(s). You don't necessarily need IP
phones, though flexibilty could be enhanced by the addition of ATAs or
IPphones.

Useful setup guides and resources can be found here (not in any
particualr order):
http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=140
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/A...+Handbook+Wiki
http://dumbme.voipeye.com.au/aah/Ast...umbMeGuide.htm

I am researching into voip at the moment with a view to setting up
small businesses with it. On my travels I came across voipfone.co.uk
who might be an option - their services certainly look very impressive,
although I haven't used them myself yet - anyone have any experience of
them?

Matt

Old July 28th 06, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 28 Jul 2006 02:17:20 -0700, "Matt"
wrote:

paul123 wrote:
Glenn Clark wrote:
[...]

Just on a single line ...but voipfone offer, in my opinion, a polished
and reliable service.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.