Linksys wirelss bridge for ATA

Old July 27th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Barrett

Default Linksys wirelss bridge for ATA

Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
the SPA in my router table).
Thanks
Roger.

Old July 27th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Roger Barrett wrote:
Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
the SPA in my router table).
Thanks
Roger.

I may just be being silly, but isn't MAC filtering usually only on
wireless devices that can ast as an AP, and then generally only related
to the wireless clients connecting to them?
Old July 27th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Roger Barrett wrote:
Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
the SPA in my router table).
Thanks
Roger.

I may just be being silly, but isn't MAC filtering in SOHO wireless
devices usually only on wireless devices that can ast as an AP, and then
generally only related to the wireless clients connecting to them?
Old July 27th 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Barrett

"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in message
Roger Barrett wrote:
Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I
disable
MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
the SPA in my router table).
Thanks
Roger.

I may just be being silly, but isn't MAC filtering usually only on
wireless devices that can ast as an AP, and then generally only related
to the wireless clients connecting to them?

yes - the adapter is a client connecting to the router (AP)

Old July 27th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:46:48 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
wrote:

Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I disable
MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
the SPA in my router table).

Yes had one for some weeks. Running ok with MAC filtering turned on.

I did have to set it up first with filtering turned off, and then turned it
back on again.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
Old July 27th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger Barrett

wrote:

Anyone else got one of these (WBP54G) ? I'm trying to use it with MAC
filtering enabled on my router but the adapter wont connect unless I
disable
MAC filtering (and yes I have entered the MAC addresses of the bridge and
the SPA in my router table).

Yes had one for some weeks. Running ok with MAC filtering turned on.

I did have to set it up first with filtering turned off, and then turned
it
back on again.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

as it happens my Belkin pre-N router gave up in the heat today and I had to
run out and buy another router. Bought a netgear and it works fine with that
so it must have been a peculiarity of the Belkin.