Non NAT with a WAG 354G

Old July 27th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default Non NAT with a WAG 354G

Can I use a Linksys WAG 354G with a mixture of fixed and non fixed IP
addresses?

I would like certain of my Computers to have their own fixed IP addresses
but some I would like to use NAT.

Under the Encapsulation settings the router offers several options but not
sure which (if any) will allow me to do this.

Thanx

Old July 27th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stu C

"R.Daneel Olivaw" [email protected] wrote in message
Can I use a Linksys WAG 354G with a mixture of fixed and non fixed IP
addresses?

I would like certain of my Computers to have their own fixed IP addresses
but some I would like to use NAT.

Under the Encapsulation settings the router offers several options but not
sure which (if any) will allow me to do this.

Thanx

Yes. mine is set exactly that way, just make sure you pick an ip well above
the range, i.e. the first mine assigns in 192.168.1.64 , so I put my xbox
360 as 192.168.1.80 so wont get assigned out, not sure if would take a lower
number? as long as subnet and everything ok.... its the best solution if
you want to assign a dmz or do any port forwarding...

never needed to change any setting, just enter into the pc \ console...

Old July 27th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stu C

"R.Daneel Olivaw" [email protected] wrote in message
Can I use a Linksys WAG 354G with a mixture of fixed and non fixed IP
addresses?

I would like certain of my Computers to have their own fixed IP addresses
but some I would like to use NAT.

Under the Encapsulation settings the router offers several options but not
sure which (if any) will allow me to do this.

Thanx

NAT is something different, the assigned IP's use DHCP...

Old July 27th 06, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:15:14 +0100, in uk.telecom.broadband ,
"R.Daneel Olivaw" [email protected] wrote:

Can I use a Linksys WAG 354G with a mixture of fixed and non fixed IP
addresses?

Almost certainly. Most routers let you define the range of IPs they
will serve out with DHCP, so just set your fixed addresses outside
this range. eg if your DHCP is 192.168.1.2-100 use something in
101-254

I would like certain of my Computers to have their own fixed IP addresses
but some I would like to use NAT.

You mean DHCP surely.
--
Mark McIntyre