Need help with this router!

Old July 28th 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Need help with this router!

Hello....I need help with this ctown router that i cant get in....i
have no connection in my house and thats the only access point i
have....the problem is that i cant go online on that router because it
is secure and i need to crack it....but dont know how...please
help.Thanks.

Old July 28th 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Nicholas Thomas wrote:
wrote:
Hello....I need help with this ctown router that i cant get in....i
have no connection in my house and thats the only access point i
have....the problem is that i cant go online on that router because it
is secure and i need to crack it....but dont know how...please
help.Thanks.

If you mean that you can't access the web-based frontend (e.g. because
you've lost the password), then resetting the device would do the trick.

There should be a small button somewhere on the router - usually one
that you need a pin or something to push it (because it's inside the
casing, with a small hole for access). Check your manual (it'll be on
the CD or download it from the manufacturer's website) for the correct
protocol to press - typically, it's "push the button in and hold for 15
seconds, with the power off" - but it varies between routers.

That'll wipe *all* used-configured settings, and then you can login to
the router, using the default user+pass combination...

xF,

...Nick

The router is not in my house....its in another location somewhere in
my neighborhood....Please tell me what to do to crack it or to find out
the password or ipaddress..Thanks.

Old July 28th 06, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

wrote:
Nicholas Thomas wrote:
wrote:
[...]

So you are really asking us how to attack someone elses router so you
can break in & do what?

You gave the game away by not knowing where it was.......

Old July 29th 06, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Sayers

wrote:

Nicholas Thomas wrote:
wrote:
[...]

So you mean it isn't your router and you want to hack into someone else's router ?

If you need to ask, then you're a loser.

If you want to hack into someone's connection then you're a w*nker.

--

Andrew Sayers
Old July 29th 06, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Soldier wrote:

The router is not in my house....its in another location somewhere
in my neighborhood....Please tell me what to do to crack it or to
find out the password or ipaddress..Thanks.

So you mean it isn't your router and you want to hack into someone
else's router ?

If you need to ask, then you're a loser.

If you want to hack into someone's connection then you're a w*nker.

--

Andrew Sayers

Don't come with me with that ****....it's my best friends
router...he
doesn't really care if i hack it or not.....DOn't give me the
attitude..= \

IF your friend doesn't care go & ask him..

You're the one with the attitude problem, by the way I think that your
ISP won't look kindly on such attempts either so be prepared to lose
your service

Old July 29th 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Don't come with me with that ****....it's my best friends router...he
doesn't really care if i hack it or not.....

He'll be happy to sort out access for you then - if not, you might find
yourself charged under the computer misuse act.

DOn't give me the attitude..= \

I think you're looking in the wrong direction for the source of the
attitude problem.
Old July 29th 06, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

its in another location somewhere in my neighborhood

You also said its your friends' - since you know where he lives, knock
and ask if he minds.