Wanadoo/Orange "free" broadband.

Old July 29th 06, 06:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

Default Wanadoo/Orange "free" broadband.

Can someone explain what they mean by " Free on the basis that an orange
mobile pay monthly tariff is taken above 30. Free calls over the Internet."
As I am only an occasional user of my mobile phone does this mean that I
take out a standing order for 30 for use of the mobile phone. And does it
mean that my normal phone will be free.
At present I have a phone attached to my router which gives me free calls
but only to 01 and 02 numbers
Blair

Old July 29th 06, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
grumpycrab

Can someone explain what they mean by " Free on the basis that an orange
mobile pay monthly tariff is taken above 30. Free calls over the
Internet."
As I am only an occasional user of my mobile phone does this mean that I
take out a standing order for 30 for use of the mobile phone.

Yes.

And does it mean that my normal phone will be free.

No

At present I have a phone attached to my router which gives me free calls
but only to 01 and 02 numbers
Blair

Doesn't have to be OVER 30. 30 contracts will get you the free broadband.
To remove the 2GB broadband usage limit you have to pay 10 per month (and
"unlimited" means 20 or 30GB, I cannot remember).
I think the 6 per month you are talking about refers to going on to the
Talk Any Time plan.
In fact read this :-
http://freebb.orange.co.uk/offerinfo/popup/overview.htm

--
Grumps

Old July 29th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Blair

"grumpycrab" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks to you and CI for your explanation.
That means if I discontinue using BT for my normal phone which I would have
to do to make it economic, I will loose my recorded messages. Of course it
may be that a mobile can have recorded messages as well- I don't know
On that basis it looks as if Talk Talk would be a better bet.
Blair

Old July 29th 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Blair wrote:
[...]

But you still need a landline to run your Broadband.