Satellite Broadband

Old July 29th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Satellite Broadband

Looking at ways to get Broadband While touring in europe for next 12-24
months (in Campervan)

Europe Online seem to fit my bill, but seem a little too cheap to be true,
But would suit me as it would be mainly for email, browsing maps, camping
sites, etc.

Any other suggestions?

**Europe Online operates its famous e-DSL service with 2 MB downloads
guaranteed, up to 512 kbps surfing, DSL Digital Library with thousands of
MP3's, Games, Movie Trailers, Software and a Free Film every month on a
specially dedicated Broadband Satellite with tons of capacity for all your
present and future DSL via Satellite needs.

We therefore recommend that you keep your existing satellite dish or cable
connection to continue watching TV and you take advantage of Europe
Online's special Satellite Broadband Dish to enjoy and access EOL's e-DSL
via Satellite Offer whenever you want!

The Europe Online E-DSL Service includes
500 MB of EOL FastSurf at speeds up to 512 Kbit/s every month !
1 GB of downloads from the Internet every month with File Fetch, plus
1000's of free selected softwares, films, MP3's & games at 2 Mbit/s speed
- Guaranteed !
Music television, Sport, Film, Adult, Eurotip. 512 Kbit/s speed -
Unlimited Access!
Unlimited access to our DSL Digital L, our Interactive MediaThek and our
E-Lert service
1 free film every month & much more**

Thanks

Clive
Old July 29th 06, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Clive wrote :
Looking at ways to get Broadband While touring in europe for next 12-24
months (in Campervan)

Europe Online seem to fit my bill, but seem a little too cheap to be true,

Maybe it's not quite what you thought. From their FAQ:

How does the service work?
To use our service you need a desktop PC in which a DVB card has to be
installed. The DVB card is connected by a coaxial cable to the
Universal LNB on the satellite dish. *With your normal internet
connection via phone line*, you connect to our website and log in with
your chosen username and password and enter our Multimedia platform.
Here you can choose files to be sent to you at a scheduled time or
select one of our Streaming Zones. Once a request for an available file
or a Streaming Zone has been done, you can log off the Internet and
then the DVB card receives the file at the scheduled time or the
selected Streaming Zone starts immediately.

http://www.europeonline.com/en/faq/answers.shtml#technology01

Old July 30th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Clive said

[...]

Wild wifi or wifi hot spots?

--
zaax