NetGear DM602 Help!!

Old July 30th 06, 09:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default NetGear DM602 Help!!

Netgear support - crap - lack of ownership - hoping someone else can
help.

First time around the software did not load properly for my DM602. When
trying to load drivers it says software already installed. USB LED is
off, and there is no trace of the software on my system to try and
un-install it. I cannot connect through to the admin screen (obviously)
and I can neither go forwards or backwards with the install.

Netgear Support "load it onto another computer to see if it is driver
or computer". I did, and it works on my company laptop. They now say I
should contact my computer manufacturer for support. What bollox.

Anyone come across this install issue and find a workaround?

Vince

Old July 31st 06, 02:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Having lost 7 days and lot of hair trying to get it to work, I got fed up
talking to Ahmed in Bangalore who could just read the Netgear crapy
installation guide. I have returned it to the retailer and got my money
back.
Bought Draytek, was expensive, but has worked for 3 years without any
problems.
Regards,
Martin

Old July 31st 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I'm looking for faint inspiration now Martin, but having spoken to
Rashish, Meenakshi and Debika, I fear I may have to do the same.

If I win this battle - I'll post how.