Can you switch off the firewall on the DG384G?

Old July 30th 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Can you switch off the firewall on the DG384G?

Hello,

I'm running into a configuration problem. I have a DG384G and I
received a certain number of pubblic IP addresses from my provider.

I switched off the NAT and assigned fixed IP addresses to my servers.
No matter what I change on the configurations, the servers, on the LAN
side, are unreachable from the outside (they are not even pingable).
Still the outbound traffic of going ok.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Luke

Old July 31st 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"StarEye" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm running into a configuration problem. I have a DG384G and I
received a certain number of pubblic IP addresses from my provider.

I switched off the NAT and assigned fixed IP addresses to my servers.
No matter what I change on the configurations, the servers, on the LAN
side, are unreachable from the outside (they are not even pingable).
Still the outbound traffic of going ok.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Luke

I think you need to go into the Firewall rules - Inbound service.
Then set all your static IP addresses to allow everything

Service Name - Any(All)
Action - Allow always
LAN Server IP address - [IP Address}
WAN Users - Any -

Sparks...

Old July 31st 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

I think you need to go into the Firewall rules - Inbound service.
Then set all your static IP addresses to allow everything

Service Name - Any(All)
Action - Allow always
LAN Server IP address - [IP Address}
WAN Users - Any -

Sparks...

Just to add, I set the WAN IP address as the IP we got before we had the
block of static IP's assigned (But could probably set this to dynamic), and
the LAN address as the second of the IP's in the new block.

For example, if you had the range of 192.168.6.128/29 the LAN address of the
router would be 192.168.6.129
Then any servers etc would use 192.168.6.130, 131, 132, 133, 134, -

128 is unusable, as it is the network address
135 is unusable, as it is the Broadcast address

Sparks...

Old August 3rd 06, 10:54 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Sparks wrote:
"StarEye" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I'm running into a configuration problem. I have a DG384G and I
received a certain number of pubblic IP addresses from my provider.

I switched off the NAT and assigned fixed IP addresses to my servers.
No matter what I change on the configurations, the servers, on the LAN
side, are unreachable from the outside (they are not even pingable).
Still the outbound traffic of going ok.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Luke

I think you need to go into the Firewall rules - Inbound service.
Then set all your static IP addresses to allow everything

Service Name - Any(All)
Action - Allow always
LAN Server IP address - [IP Address}
WAN Users - Any -

Sparks...

Hi Sparks,
Already tryed this. (I have the DG384G v3 firmaware V4.01.06)
What you are doing with your configuration is that you are directing
all the inbound traffic to a specific server on the LAN (I have several
server to connect).

Additionally the router becomes impossible to manage as the http
traffic on port 80 and 8080 is sent to the LAN server instead than to
the router. :-(

Thanks anyway
Luca

Old August 4th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"StarEye" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

(I have the DG384G v3 firmaware V4.01.06)

Odd, I have the DG834G v2 running firmware version 3.01.29, but the most
recent version on the Netgear site is .25
I take it your firmware is the one that shipped with the router, as I can't
find any upgrade for such?