Sipgate Using Phone And X-Lite

Old July 30th 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipgate Using Phone And X-Lite

I am trying to get Sipgate to work with my phone which is connected to my
VOIP router and X-lite at the same time on the same account/phone number. It
kind of does but if I'm logged in with X-Lite my phone doesn't ring although
I can call out on both my phone and X-lite at the same time. Is there any
way of getting my phone to ring at the same time as X-Lite so I can pick up
calls using either system?
Thanks in advance.

Old July 30th 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Forgot to say my PC with X-Lite on is connected to the same router as my
phone is. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Old July 30th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Phil" wrote in message

Forgot to say my PC with X-Lite on is connected to the
same router as my phone is. Not sure if that makes any
difference.

It shouldn't, no. I often do this if I'm out in the garden with my laptop.
Just make sure that you give X-Lite a different set of port numbers, if
your ATA is using 5060 then set X-Lite to 5062 or some slightly higher
number. It could be both devices trying to use the same port numbers.

Ivor

Old July 30th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message

Forgot to say my PC with X-Lite on is connected to the
same router as my phone is. Not sure if that makes any
difference.

It shouldn't, no. I often do this if I'm out in the garden with my laptop.
Just make sure that you give X-Lite a different set of port numbers, if
your ATA is using 5060 then set X-Lite to 5062 or some slightly higher
number. It could be both devices trying to use the same port numbers.

Ivor

Thanks as always Ivor. Working a treat now I've changed the ports on X-Lite.