Mobile phones with SIP / WIFI

Old July 30th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Mobile phones with SIP / WIFI

Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

They any good?

Sean!
Old July 30th 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:56:30 +0100, Sean
wrote:

Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

They any good?

Sean!

I got a hipi Paragon Wireless phone to play with at the momment...

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keat...-gsm-phone.asp

Bit early to say how good it is, though I've succesfully configured it
to connect to my Wireless AP and make and receive calls using the
voiptalk service.
Old July 30th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sean wrote:

Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

Some Nokias (E61, N80...) do.

They any good?

Both are great GSM phones, IMHO. SIP/RTP over WLAN works quite well with
a local Asterisk; hooking up to any SIP provider out in the wild can be
tricky and works only if the provider has done some homework. I've seen
both of them work, though. :-)

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.
Old July 31st 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Heimo Hetl wrote:
Anyone know what mobile phones can support SIP over WIFI?

Some Nokias (E61, N80...) do.

Hmm, nice price tags!
Old August 1st 06, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I know the E61 works out of the box. the N80 has sip built in to the
OS but no front end application to use it. is there now software
availiable to use sip on the N80? -what is it and where do i get it?
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old August 1st 06, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

sm1thson wrote:

I know the E61 works out of the box. the N80 has sip built in to the
OS but no front end application to use it.

The N80 has the same Voip software the E61 has. Right out of the box.

cheers
Heimo

--
You never ask questions when God's on your side.