STOP what you're doing - It doesn't work! 8988

Old July 30th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default STOP what you're doing - It doesn't work! 8988

wrote in message

Oh dear more spam Ivor is going to be getting upset again .

If everyone was as concerned about spam as Ivor is, spam would probably
be reduced by 95%.

Old July 30th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

pretended :

has bad has anyone calling

Please, please, please. It's "as bad as"

Please, it's only two letters, it cannot be that difficult to spell
correctly.

Old July 30th 06, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:49:18 GMT, "Harry Stottle"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

Oh dear more spam Ivor is going to be getting upset again .

If everyone was as concerned about spam as Ivor is, spam would probably
be reduced by 95%.

Spam will always be with us and be around when we are gone I just do
not see what Ivor's and anyone elses problem is with it I do not like
it either but I don't rant and rave and start sending messages to
ISP's who will do sod all about it.
Hell a few lines of spam to Ivor is nearly has bad has anyone calling
Sipgate not fit to burn which they arn't .

As far as I am aware blueblunder is the only UK ISP clueless enough to have
ever received a UDP. You really should not judge all ISP's by the standards
of your own. As you appear to support the sit back and do bugger all about
spam school of thought, perhaps you would like to comment on how accepting
it impacts on business overheads and the overall cost of using the Internet.

Old July 31st 06, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

wrote in message

Oh dear more spam Ivor is going to be getting upset
again .

If everyone was as concerned about spam as Ivor is,
spam would probably be reduced by 95%.

Spam will always be with us and be around when we are
gone I just do not see what Ivor's and anyone elses
problem is with it I do not like it either but I don't
rant and rave and start sending messages to ISP's who
will do sod all about it.

No you just rant and rave about Sipgate when you aren't even a customer
any more.

Hell a few lines of spam to Ivor is nearly has bad has
anyone calling Sipgate not fit to burn which they arn't .

Knew you couldn't resist. "Has bad..?"

Ivor

Old July 31st 06, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message

[snip]

Spam in news groups just does not bother me in the least
I just ignore it and read what I want to read .

So stop reading messages about Sipgate then we can all breathe a sigh of
relief.

Ivor

Old July 31st 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:50:47 +0100, "Richard H Huelin"
wrote:

As far as I am aware blueblunder is the only UK ISP clueless enough to
have
ever received a UDP. You really should not judge all ISP's by the
standards
of your own. As you appear to support the sit back and do bugger all
about
spam school of thought, perhaps you would like to comment on how accepting
it impacts on business overheads and the overall cost of using the
Internet.

Oh come on years ago like Ivor I used to send endless messages of
complaint to various ISP'S but I got so sick of sending them I just
stopped using my BY mailbox it was always full of the stuff and
started running my own mail sever and now I haven't seen any spam by
mail for years .
Spam in news groups just does not bother me in the least I just ignore
it and read what I want to read .

Many ISP's have ceased providing News Group access, it is more than likely
that more of the budget ISP's will follow suit. Accepting Usenet spam costs
everyone but the spammer.

You are correct up to a point about reporting some spammers, in the case of
your ISP I have never seen any evidence that they take any action, perhaps
that is the reason they received the UDP and for their reputation of being
totally clue resistant.

In this case reporting was effective, see for yourself this is the link:
http://tinyurl.com/zhxf3 for the site spammy was promoting. This is the
response from the affiliate scheme he was trying to recruit for: "We are
resolving the issue right now. We do not tolerate UCE, thank you for
bringing this to our attention." As for the spammers Ntl account I suspect
that the report went straight to the ignore bin. While reporting to the
likes of Blueblunder/Ntl might seem like a lost cause, the stats add up and
eventually they will be forced to take notice. Check out AOL, a few years
ago by far the largest percentage of spam come from AOL accounts, how often
do you see spam posted via them now?

The spammer in this case infested more than 2000 groups with his crap, his
reward would seem to be ZERO quick bucks. Given that there were a vast
amount of complaints, some of which were from other ISP's there is also a
slim chance that Ntl might have terminated his account, either way it would
seem likely that OP's spamming days are over.

Old July 31st 06, 11:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote:

As far as I am aware blueblunder is the only UK ISP clueless enough to have
ever received a UDP. You really should not judge all ISP's by the standards
of your own. As you appear to support the sit back and do bugger all about
spam school of thought, perhaps you would like to comment on how accepting
it impacts on business overheads and the overall cost of using the Internet.

Oh come on years ago like Ivor I used to send endless messages of
complaint to various ISP'S but I got so sick of sending them I just
stopped using my BY mailbox it was always full of the stuff and
started running my own mail sever and now I haven't seen any spam by
mail for years .

This is what I do to avoid spam email mail.
If I am dealing with a web site I use a hotmail account. I get about
20 spams a day on that - it has improved it used to be double that.
If I am dealing with an unknown individual, on a casual basis, who I
think is probably OK, I use a Yahoo account. There is some spam on
that but it always automatically goes to the 'bulk' box.
If I am dealing with someone on a regular basis I give them a specific
email address (POP). All others (undesignated) on my POP email are
directed to oblivion.
This is so that spam directed at such addresess as [email protected] or
[email protected] are not received.
Where I am aware that certain individuals are spamming on an
undesignated pop email address I redirect the spam back to them.
Thus, on my pop mail I don't receive any spam.
Spam in news groups just does not bother me in the least I just ignore
it and read what I want to read .

I agree but I've seen some newsgroups where the spam forms about 90%
of the postings so it isn't worth the effort in trying to wade through
the dross. Hence you could look at Ivor's efforts as a public service.
It might have some effect. I think it does when it comes to dealers.
They aren't going to want to get on the wrong side of people who
regularly frequent this newsgroup as it might be couterproductive for
them.
Ivor's postings to spammers can be ignored just as easily as the
spammers by the regulars on this group.
Personally I don't see any harm in a company making a single post to
inform users of a new web site and its services. I don't regard a
single posting as spam - it can be informative and useful. It must,
however, be in connected with VoIP.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old July 31st 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Richard H Huelin"
wrote in message

[snip]

The spammer in this case infested more than 2000 groups
with his crap, his reward would seem to be ZERO quick
bucks. Given that there were a vast amount of
complaints, some of which were from other ISP's there is
also a slim chance that Ntl might have terminated his
account, either way it would seem likely that OP's
spamming days are over.

Wait until "SPIT" (Spam over Internet Telephones" takes hold. It's already
started. Email and usenet spam will seem like a drop in the ocean by
comparison when your VoIP phones start ringing night and day.

Google "Spam over Internet Telephones" for more info.

Ivor