Pulse dial to DTMF converter?

Old July 31st 06, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Default Pulse dial to DTMF converter?

Martin wrote:

I'm hoping to use my vintage type 314 phone to dial out through a VOIP
adaptor, but this requires DTMF tones. Can anyone recommend a device
that will convert pulse dial to DTMF?

For anyone interested... The Online-Shop section of
http://www.telefonmanufaktur.de/
has an item:
IWV / MFV Konverter
Artikel-Nr.: 120080
39,00 EUR

The version shown on the website has German connectors, but if you email
them, they will send you a version with UK connectors for 42 Euro.

Thanks to everyone for their earlier suggestions.

- Martin.

Old July 31st 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Martin wrote:
Martin wrote:

I'm hoping to use my vintage type 314 phone to dial out through a
VOIP adaptor, but this requires DTMF tones. Can anyone recommend a
device that will convert pulse dial to DTMF?

For anyone interested... The Online-Shop section of
http://www.telefonmanufaktur.de/
has an item:
IWV / MFV Konverter
Artikel-Nr.: 120080
39,00 EUR

The version shown on the website has German connectors, but if you
email them, they will send you a version with UK connectors for 42
Euro.

Thanks to everyone for their earlier suggestions.

Or a mini master 3 pbx (at least they were small)

Old July 31st 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Or a mini master 3 pbx (at least they were small)

No, that wouldn't helpthe OP at all.
The BT Minimaster III had LD extentions, and dialed out to the trunks with
LD.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 1st 06, 02:03 AM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

"Graham." wrote in message

Or a mini master 3 pbx (at least they were small)

No, that wouldn't helpthe OP at all.
The BT Minimaster III had LD extentions, and dialed out
to the trunks with LD.

As I found out after buying one..! The London 16 is a good bet, they're
cheap and reasonably easy to obtain on eBay, also they will work with any
combination of LD or MF phones. The exchange line cards can be set to dial
out on either, too.

Ivor

Old August 1st 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.voip

Or a mini master 3 pbx (at least they were small)

No, that wouldn't helpthe OP at all.
The BT Minimaster III had LD extentions, and dialed out
to the trunks with LD.

As I found out after buying one..! The London 16 is a good bet, they're
cheap and reasonably easy to obtain on eBay, also they will work with any
combination of LD or MF phones. The exchange line cards can be set to dial
out on either, too.

Ivor

Yes, spent many an hour in hotel broom cupboards with Londons.
IIRC they were often provided with ground-start trunks (PITA)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%