Plusnet hell

Old July 31st 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Plusnet hell

Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I know they have a no-talk policy, and a clever system designed to stop
anyone from using their telephone number from actually speaking to a live
person.

But I'm wondering if there is a secret to getting through to someone.

I know this is a mad dream like World Peace, but I have to dream (and I need
to talk to someone about my account).

Old July 31st 06, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Zzaaarathustra wrote:

Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I know they have a no-talk policy, and a clever system designed to stop
anyone from using their telephone number from actually speaking to a live
person.

But I'm wondering if there is a secret to getting through to someone.

I know this is a mad dream like World Peace, but I have to dream (and I need
to talk to someone about my account).

I've managed to get through to tech support by ringing between 4 and 6 a.m. !

I've heard that others have managed to get through during the day by holding on
the phone for up to an hour.

Have you tried their 'question' system ?

Graham

Old July 31st 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Zzaaarathustra" wrote in
:

Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I discovered the other day that they have a premium rate tech support
number that gets you through right away.

For business its 0906 709 0001, for home its 0906 709 0002.

Whilst it grates having to pay premium rate for tech support, sitting
on a local rate on hold for 45 minutes is probably false economy.
Old July 31st 06, 04:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Zzaaarathustra wrote:
Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I know they have a no-talk policy, and a clever system designed to stop
anyone from using their telephone number from actually speaking to a live
person.

But I'm wondering if there is a secret to getting through to someone.

I know this is a mad dream like World Peace, but I have to dream (and I need
to talk to someone about my account).

Assuming you've already raised a question/ticket what is it's number?

Nigel Wood

Plusnet Technical Architect
Old August 1st 06, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:28:53 +0100, "Zzaaarathustra" wrote:

Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I know they have a no-talk policy, and a clever system designed to stop
anyone from using their telephone number from actually speaking to a live
person.

But I'm wondering if there is a secret to getting through to someone.

I know this is a mad dream like World Peace, but I have to dream (and I need
to talk to someone about my account).

The only thing you should need/want to talk to Plusnet for is your MAC
code. Plusnet is a pile of festering crap and the sooner it's out of
business the better.

Please, don't even recommend Plusnet to your worst enemies.

Old August 1st 06, 01:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:17:43 +0100, nigel wood wrote:

Zzaaarathustra wrote:
Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I know they have a no-talk policy, and a clever system designed to stop
anyone from using their telephone number from actually speaking to a live
person.

But I'm wondering if there is a secret to getting through to someone.

I know this is a mad dream like World Peace, but I have to dream (and I need
to talk to someone about my account).

Assuming you've already raised a question/ticket what is it's number?

Why? So you can ignore it some more, or are you going to add one of your
stock CSC cut 'n' paste replies to it?

Plusnet Technical Architect

PMSL!
Old August 1st 06, 01:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:41:33 +0000, Stan The Man
wrote:

In article , John
Carlyle-Clarke wrote:

"Zzaaarathustra" wrote in
:

Does anyone know if there's any way to talk to anyone at Plusnet.

I discovered the other day that they have a premium rate tech support
number that gets you through right away.

For business its 0906 709 0001, for home its 0906 709 0002.

Whilst it grates having to pay premium rate for tech support, sitting
on a local rate on hold for 45 minutes is probably false economy.

Watch yourself. One customer has just spotted that he has been charged
the premium rate even though he hung up before connecting. In many
areas of their business, PlusNet seem to be grabbing every penny they
can get from hapless customers at the moment. Some have had no service
for weeks since being transferred by PlusNet to their Tiscal LLU
alternative network -- and PlusNet have been telling customers in the
forum that they won't be getting refunds for the months of subs that
they've paid for no service whatsoever.

They have also overcharged me recently (if a PN rep is here then
Question number 19635599). Ok, it's only 1.25 for exceeding 1GB
according to their records, later admitting (after I provided
sufficient proof) that their records were incorrect. A request for a
refund has, so far, had no response. But when I told them that I would
take great displeasure were I to be charged for this excess usage that
refunds were treated as follows:
'Any refunds or rebates due to over-payment will be considered once
the problem has been fixed, on a case-by-case basis'.

Hello PlusNet - if there is no response then I will eventually invoice
you for this 1.25 plus a very reasonable charge for interest and the
cost of invoicing and having to explain the invoice to my accountant.

I wouldn't normally discuss this in public but sometimes one has no
choice if a response is to be obtained.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
http://www.sandrila.co.uk/
Old August 1st 06, 02:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:59:04 +0100, Paul Herber
wrote:

They have also overcharged me recently

and before anyone notices that I'm not using a Plusnet IP address, no,
my migration to newnet went through yesterday.

Old August 1st 06, 02:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

They have also overcharged me recently

and before anyone notices that I'm not using a Plusnet IP address, no,
my migration to newnet went through yesterday.

My recent change to Zen is like a breath of fresh air compared to
Plusnet. I'll *never* recommend Plusnet to anyone again.

Old August 1st 06, 02:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article , John
Carlyle-Clarke wrote:

"Zzaaarathustra" wrote in
:

[...]