Considering Plusnet?

Old August 1st 06, 01:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

Default Considering Plusnet?

For the sake of your sanity (and money) DON'T DO IT!

Plusnet now stinks like a fish that's been left out in the hot sun.

Old August 1st 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

Stan The Man wrote:

In article , Tony
wrote:

For the sake of your sanity (and money) DON'T DO IT!

Plusnet now stinks like a fish that's been left out in the hot sun.

There do seem to be too many customers who have been left without any
broadband connection for a month and more after being transferred -
many of them without warning - to PlusNet's sub-contracted Tiscali LLU
network. Worse, PlusNet seems to turn a deaf ear to requests for
compensation -- happily banking monthly subs without providing any
service whatsoever.

It's a disgrace.

I've had a 'ticket' open for oh..... must be 6 weeks now about problems arising
from being LLU'd.

The latest curiosity is that in order to help diagnose my fault they set my like
to a fixed non rate adaptive 2Mbps with a target high SNR saying that it should
sync *only* at that speed. A sensible enough move but whatever they did ( and
they double checked it ) made no difference at all ! In short, they're claiming
to make changes ( and I'm sure they believe it should work ) but Tiscali's gear
isn't responding.

Graham

Old August 1st 06, 02:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:34:46 +0000, Stan The Man wrote:

In article , Tony
wrote:

For the sake of your sanity (and money) DON'T DO IT!

Plusnet now stinks like a fish that's been left out in the hot sun.

There do seem to be too many customers who have been left without any
broadband connection for a month and more after being transferred -
many of them without warning - to PlusNet's sub-contracted Tiscali LLU
network. Worse, PlusNet seems to turn a deaf ear to requests for
compensation -- happily banking monthly subs without providing any
service whatsoever.

It's a disgrace.

Yes, it is!

And let's not forget the 700Gb of customer emails they've recently lost,
people waiting hours, at their cost, to contact telephone support,
support tickets (or "questions" as they're now called) unanswered or
ignored, people (myself included) left without *any* Internet connection
for weeks, outbursts and lies from senior members of staff on ADSL Guide
and regular miss-billing!

Could it get any worse?

Old August 1st 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:38:07 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Stan The Man wrote:

In article , Tony
wrote:

[...]

You really should do yourself a favour and get away from Plusnet ASAP,
like I just have. They're crap and they really don't care. Why be a
glutton for punishment?

Old August 1st 06, 02:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

wrote:

[...]

That's a first ! I thought their billing Dept. were in some way immune from
the rest of PN i.e. they churned out bills without any problems.

Could it get any worse?

Yes - the rest of the ISP industry might model themselves on PlusNet o)

Joe Lee

Old August 1st 06, 04:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

Tony wrote:

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 01:38:07 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Stan The Man wrote:

In article , Tony
wrote:

[...]

I have indeed already asked for an LLU MAC. That seems to take some time.

I have had no alternative to come to the same conclusion as yourself. In the meantime
- short of going the 'cease and re-provide' route and being out of pocket a heck of a
lot - not to mention losing my broadband for a while - I'm stuck for now.

I've even considered reactivating my NTL broadband - the gear is here already - just
to get away from them !

Graham

Old August 1st 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , Tony
wrote:

For the sake of your sanity (and money) DON'T DO IT!

Plusnet now stinks like a fish that's been left out in the hot sun.

There do seem to be too many customers who have been left without any
broadband connection for a month and more after being transferred -
many of them without warning - to PlusNet's sub-contracted Tiscali LLU
network. Worse, PlusNet seems to turn a deaf ear to requests for
compensation -- happily banking monthly subs without providing any
service whatsoever.

It looks like I got lucky. I didn't know about the LLU switchover until a
friend showed me a link where I could opt out.
There is no way I wanted to be "Tiscali'ed" so I opted out back then.

Old August 1st 06, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

There do seem to be too many customers who have been left without any
broadband connection for a month and more after being transferred -

Looks like I got out just in time 8-)

8-)
Mark

Old August 1st 06, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk

Eeyore wrote:

Stan The Man wrote:

In article , Tony
wrote:

[...]

Graham,

I doubt it's Tiscali's kit. They use pretty relaible DSLAM equipment so
it's probably the XML feed between us and Tiscali configuration tools. I
can let you know once I've got to the bottom of the problem I raised
after looking at your account.

Has Mand been in touch BTW?

Regards,