Cost of 0800 calls

Old August 1st 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Cost of 0800 calls

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate charge for an 0800 call?
I'm making one even as we speak, oops type!
Will report my findings...

Old August 1st 06, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"The Iceman" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate charge for an 0800
call?
I'm making one even as we speak, oops type!
Will report my findings...

Wow. Nothing!
I'm dead impressed.
Sipgate don't mention 0800 calls in their tarriff. They only give prices for
0870, 0845, and fixed networks. This is normally a cunning ploy to charge
0800s as normal landlines or worse.
I've just viewed my itemised bill and its headed "Calls charged for in
August" and contains the calls just before and after my 0800 call, but the
0800 call isn't listed.

I had an 0870 number to call to sort out one of my utility bills and I went
to www.saynoto0870.com and did a search, and it gave me the equivalent
landline number to call, plus an alternative 0800 number!

Icey

Old August 1st 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh The Iceman:
"The Iceman" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate charge for an
0800 call?
I'm making one even as we speak, oops type!
Will report my findings...

Wow. Nothing!
I'm dead impressed.
Sipgate don't mention 0800 calls in their tarriff. They only give
prices for 0870, 0845, and fixed networks. This is normally a cunning
ploy to charge 0800s as normal landlines or worse.
I've just viewed my itemised bill and its headed "Calls charged for in
August" and contains the calls just before and after my 0800 call,
but the 0800 call isn't listed.

I had an 0870 number to call to sort out one of my utility bills and
I went to www.saynoto0870.com and did a search, and it gave me the
equivalent landline number to call, plus an alternative 0800 number!

Icey

Indeed 0800 and 0808 are free via Sipgate, I pass all my freephone
numbers through Sipgate.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 1st 06, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh The Iceman:
"The Iceman" wrote in message
[...]

Aren't they free with most providers then?
They are free with gradwell, (according to their tarriff lookup), and
free with voip.co.uk (according to the call rates section on their website).
Old August 1st 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thomas Kenyon formulated the question :
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh The Iceman:
"The Iceman" wrote in message
[...]

and free with internetcalls.com etc.

Old August 1st 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"The Iceman" wrote in message

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate
charge for an 0800 call? I'm making one even as we speak,
oops type! Will report my findings...

Nothing. Believe it or not, they're free. And you don't have to have any
credit on your account either.

Ivor

Old August 1st 06, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"The Iceman" wrote in message

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate
charge for an 0800 call? I'm making one even as we speak,
oops type! Will report my findings...

Nothing. Believe it or not, they're free. And you don't have to have any
credit on your account either.

Ivor

I make all my 0800 calls via Sipgate (no credit) because I strongly suspect
if I made them through my main VOIPCHEAP account, although free, they would
impact on the 300min per week free call limit.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old August 2nd 06, 12:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Recently, The Iceman popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
|Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate charge for an 0800 call?
|I'm making one even as we speak, oops type!
|Will report my findings...

Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are "reverse charge" calls, the cost is
all on the call recipient shoulders. No charge whatsoever must be made
to the caller by any phone provider, being it PSTN or VoIP.
If anyone does, the OFT is very interested in a chat with them... ;-)

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid
Old August 2nd 06, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"▀°dincÁs▓░░░" wrote in message
er.co.uk
Recently, The Iceman popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...
Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate
charge for an 0800 call? I'm making one even as we
speak, oops type!
Will report my findings...

Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are "reverse charge"
calls, the cost is all on the call recipient shoulders.
No charge whatsoever must be made to the caller by any
phone provider, being it PSTN or VoIP.
If anyone does, the OFT is very interested in a chat with
them... ;-)

Tell that to the mobile networks..............

Ivor

Old August 2nd 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Recently, Ivor Jones popped out over the fence
around uk.telecom.voip and said...

|"▀°dincÁs▓░░░" wrote in message
der.co.uk
| Recently, The Iceman popped out over the fence
| around uk.telecom.voip and said...
| Just out of curiosity does anyone know what Sipgate
| charge for an 0800 call? I'm making one even as we
| speak, oops type!
| Will report my findings...
|
| Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers are "reverse charge"
| calls, the cost is all on the call recipient shoulders.
| No charge whatsoever must be made to the caller by any
| phone provider, being it PSTN or VoIP.
| If anyone does, the OFT is very interested in a chat with
| them... ;-)
|
|Tell that to the mobile networks..............
|
|Ivor

Mobile networks are a totally different matter:

1) You've got always to pay your network provider for the channel you're
using in the cell;
2) Being the cost of a mobile call much higher than the cost of the most
long-distance call possible, you've got to bear the difference between
the subsidy the call recipient is putting toward the call cost and the
actual call cost;
3) Not all the freephone numbers have such a subsidy limitation, some of
them are free even from a mobile (I.e. emergency calls).

After all, if you pay something for a mobile-to-freephone call it's up
to the greedy habit of the mobile networks provider to make you pay out
of your nose for every breath you take.
That's why I subscribed to an all-inclusive plan for my mobile.
"X" minutes / month, any network, SMS, MMS, data transfers, etc...

Next step, is mobile VoIP. My next portable communication device won't
be a mobile, but a Origami.

Always on the edge!

--
▀°dincÁs▓░░░ - The Y2K Druid