PAP2 or Zyxel?

Old August 1st 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default PAP2 or Zyxel?

Can someone recommend whether I should go for the PAP2 or Zyxel?

AND... I have a Netgear DG834GT.
Does this have QoS?
I couldn't see anything on the spec.

Thanks.

OM

Old August 1st 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh OM:
Can someone recommend whether I should go for the PAP2 or Zyxel?

AND... I have a Netgear DG834GT.
Does this have QoS?
I couldn't see anything on the spec.

Thanks.

OM

I'd go with the PAP2.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
Old August 1st 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:31:45 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Thus spaketh OM:
Can someone recommend whether I should go for the PAP2 or Zyxel?

AND... I have a Netgear DG834GT.
Does this have QoS?
I couldn't see anything on the spec.

Thanks.

OM

I'd go with the PAP2.

These are two different animals. You need to decide if you want to use
your PSTN line as well as your voip (ref. earlier thread). The PAP2
won't do PSTN.
I haven't heard any reports on the Zyxel - you'd have to Google for
them.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old August 3rd 06, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Zyxel 2602 HW has 2 VoIP ports, OoS, WiFi and it's ADSL2+.
It uses the latest TI chipset and is very good on poor lines.
I just happen to have a brand new, boxed one for sale.
Retails at £155, I am open to sensible offers.
Regards,
Martin at gsoft dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Old August 3rd 06, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Martin?" wrote:
Zyxel 2602 HW has 2 VoIP ports, OoS, WiFi and it's ADSL2+.
It uses the latest TI chipset and is very good on poor lines.
I just happen to have a brand new, boxed one for sale.
Retails at ?155, I am open to sensible offers.

It's a good router and mostly works fine but if you exercise the
niggly little corners of the software it does tend to need restarting
rather frequently.

I have a 2602HW and found that if I tried to set up some moderately
(and I do mean only moderately) complex firewalling and used the
"Media Bandwidth Management" it wasn't reliable. If I didn't try
using the "Media Bandwidth Management" as well as the firewall it
worked fine.

I've changed over to a Speedtouch 716 (which also has two VOIP ports)
and that works reliably all the time - it only cost about GBP40 too, a
refurbished one.

So I have a Zyxel 2602 HW for sale too! :-)

--
Chris Green