Good ATA

Old August 1st 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Good ATA

Hi all,
I`ve just moved over to using Telewest for my broandband, and hence have no
real need for a "real" phone line. I`m interested in moving over to VOIP,
both to save money on calls and to stop idiot companies calling trying to
sell me things (I could just change the number I know, but I like new things
:-) ).

I`ve got an ethernet network setup in the house with a router, so what I
want is something to plug into the network that gives me 2 incoming lines
for VOIP. I don`t need it to plug into a normal phone line as backup, I`d
like to be able to chop and change the supplier of the VOIP line (mainly
initially while i`m setting on the one I prefer, and then I`ll be sticking
with them), and I certainly don`t want one that requires a PC to be left
turned on. Any suggestions for what would be best?

If anyone has anything suitible going spare, I have got a Netgear 834G
wireless ADSL modem router than I can trade, otherwise it`s going on ebay.

Old August 1st 06, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Simon Finnigan:
[...]

The LinkSys PAP2 sounds like the device you should be looking at (Make
sure it's not a locked to Voange one).

Dabs, BroadbandBuyer, BroadbandStuff are a few retailers I know sell the
PAP2.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk