Incompatible product or service on my line?!

Old August 1st 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Incompatible product or service on my line?!

Hi,

I cancelled my Tiscali ADSL account some time ago, basically they screwed up
my billing details and threatened to take me to court over it. Didn't want
to wait for a MAC any longer so I just cancelled the service.

I have tried subcribing to another service, namely Be, who cannot process my
order because there is a product or service on my line that is incompatible
with Broadband, like call waiting, Redcare etc. I do not.

Tiscali say it's not there problem and to contact BT.

BT say these isn't anything on the line or acount that would prevent me from
getting broadband and to contact Openreach.

I have used the web form at the Openreach site twice and haven't made any
progress!

Is there a telephone number for Openreach? Or is there something else I
should do? Please Help!

Regards,
Tony Cue.

Old August 1st 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Voir la fin du message suivant, envoy par Tony Cue le 01/08/2006
20:51, pour ma rponse.
[...]

I have recently had a similar problem where having got a MAC, I kept
getting the "there is a product or service on your line"... Etc, when I
was attempting to register online with my chosen new ISP.
Interestingly, checking on BT wholesale or Zen internet was telling me
that the line was ok.
Anyway, I got on the phone to my new intended supplier who confirmed
that it was simply because I was already on broadband so it was no problem.
Old August 1st 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tony Cue wrote:
[...]

Tony,

This number checker sometimes gives you a better idea as to what's on
your line:-
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If you have no luck going through BT then I suggest you contact Ofcom.

Regards,

Old August 1st 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tony,

This number checker sometimes gives you a better idea as to what's on
your line:-
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If you have no luck going through BT then I suggest you contact Ofcom.

Regards,

Bob Pullen

Interesting that for my line it says the maximum fixed speed is 500 and I
had a 1000 connection before moving to MAX DSL with a current speed of
2500-3000. So I don't give the BT figures much credence!

Peter Crosland

Old August 2nd 06, 02:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tony Cue wrote:

Hi,

I cancelled my Tiscali ADSL account some time ago, basically they screwed up
my billing details and threatened to take me to court over it. Didn't want
to wait for a MAC any longer so I just cancelled the service.

Oh dear ! How long did they make you wait for a MAC ?

I have tried subcribing to another service, namely Be, who cannot process my
order because there is a product or service on my line that is incompatible
with Broadband, like call waiting, Redcare etc. I do not.

That's likely because Tiscali must have moved your connection to one of their
LLU lines. This registers as 'incompatible' on the BT checker. I have the same
problem, my connection having been switched by Plusnet without my knowledge.

Tiscali say it's not there problem and to contact BT.

They're big fibbers but since you're not a customer of theirs any more why
should they care ?

BT say these isn't anything on the line or acount that would prevent me from
getting broadband and to contact Openreach.

They're being economical with the truth.

I have used the web form at the Openreach site twice and haven't made any
progress!

Is there a telephone number for Openreach? Or is there something else I
should do? Please Help!

What's Openreach.

Graham

Old August 2nd 06, 02:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Peter Crosland wrote:

Tony,

This number checker sometimes gives you a better idea as to what's on
your line:-
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If you have no luck going through BT then I suggest you contact Ofcom.

Regards,

Bob Pullen

Interesting that for my line it says the maximum fixed speed is 500 and I
had a 1000 connection before moving to MAX DSL with a current speed of
2500-3000. So I don't give the BT figures much credence!

He's not talking about line speed you idiot !

Graham

Old August 2nd 06, 06:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

This number checker sometimes gives you a better idea as to what's on
your line:-
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If you have no luck going through BT then I suggest you contact Ofcom.

Regards,

Bob Pullen

Interesting that for my line it says the maximum fixed speed is 500 and I
had a 1000 connection before moving to MAX DSL with a current speed of
2500-3000. So I don't give the BT figures much credence!

He's not talking about line speed you idiot !

Perhaps Peter was talking about the supposed accuracy of the database?
Old August 2nd 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Colin Forrester wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

This number checker sometimes gives you a better idea as to what's on
your line:-
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If you have no luck going through BT then I suggest you contact Ofcom.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Interesting that for my line it says the maximum fixed speed is 500 and I
had a 1000 connection before moving to MAX DSL with a current speed of
2500-3000. So I don't give the BT figures much credence!

He's not talking about line speed you idiot !

Perhaps Peter was talking about the supposed accuracy of the database?

He's talking out of his arse as usual ! The line speed is an estimate only.

Whether or not it lists an incompatible product is a black and white matter.

Graham

Old August 2nd 06, 08:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

This number checker sometimes gives you a better idea as to what's
on your line:-
http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php.../adsllinecheck

If you have no luck going through BT then I suggest you contact
Ofcom. Regards,

Bob Pullen
Interesting that for my line it says the maximum fixed speed is 500
and I had a 1000 connection before moving to MAX DSL with a
current speed of 2500-3000. So I don't give the BT figures much
credence!

He's not talking about line speed you idiot !

Perhaps Peter was talking about the supposed accuracy of the database?

Obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse but obviously not to a donkey!

Peter Crosland

Old August 4th 06, 02:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eeyore wrote:

Tony Cue wrote:

Hi,

I cancelled my Tiscali ADSL account some time ago, basically they screwed up
my billing details and threatened to take me to court over it. Didn't want
to wait for a MAC any longer so I just cancelled the service.

Oh dear ! How long did they make you wait for a MAC ?

I have tried subcribing to another service, namely Be, who cannot process my
order because there is a product or service on my line that is incompatible
with Broadband, like call waiting, Redcare etc. I do not.

That's likely because Tiscali must have moved your connection to one of their
LLU lines. This registers as 'incompatible' on the BT checker. I have the same
problem, my connection having been switched by Plusnet without my knowledge.

Not necessarily. An IPStream/Datastream product on the line would return
the same result. It does with my line that is on IPStream Max.

Tiscali say it's not there problem and to contact BT.

They're big fibbers but since you're not a customer of theirs any more why
should they care ?

They should easily be able to check if there is an active asset on the
line under their ownership. If an ex customer contacts us with the same
issue we will do what we can to rectify the issue, if it is indeed us on
the line. If it isn't Tiscali on the line then they are advising you
correctly.

BT say these isn't anything on the line or acount that would prevent me from
getting broadband and to contact Openreach.

They're being economical with the truth.

What did the checker say? If it flagged up the fact that their was
broadband on the line then they are telling porkies. In addition to this
you wouldn't be expected to call Openreach yourself. In fact, when
Openreach first emerged I recall BT retail advisors telling some of our
prospective customers the same thing.

I have used the web form at the Openreach site twice and haven't made any
progress!

Is there a telephone number for Openreach? Or is there something else I
should do? Please Help!

What's Openreach.

Openreach deal with things like orders for migrations from IPStream to
LLU and WLR (Wholesale Line Rental) and the like. Basically services
that aren't entirely BT owned.

My original advice stands that it would be best to contact Ofcom about
the issue.

Kind Regards,