Pipex - MAX ADSL service

Old August 2nd 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Pipex - MAX ADSL service

Hi

I would be interested to learn from people who have regraded to Pipex's Max
ADSL Service, how their Broadband speeds have panned out.

Previously I was getting 1.8 mbps on their Solo 2000 package. Prior to
regrading I was informed that my line would be capable of achieving 5 mbps.
This would be more than double what I was getting so I entered into a
contract for 12 months the week before last.

Last week saw the completion of the tests and I could take advantage of the
new spped.

I immediately tested by downloading from my News Server, which has always
given me consistent results and low and behold for a few days, I was getting
sppeds between 6.2 mbps and 4.8 mbps.

This week however I am only just getting 4.2 mbps and more often than not
2.9/3.2 mbps - still more than before but that's not the point is it? I am
paying just over 30 per month for this uncapped service and whilst I am
fully aware about others sharing my bandwidth, this historically has never
been a problem. Using the test from adslguide.org.uk just now has returned
the following results: -

Downstream 3,776.0 Kbps
Upstream 371.0 Kbps

These figures vary from minute to minute but represent the best I have
returned from this site during the past few days.

Am I getting a raw deal or is this what I can expect from now on? Are there
any better packages about and how do I stand if I want to get out now?

TIA

Paul

Old August 3rd 06, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,

More than anything, I'm interested to know how you managed to get the
upgrade. Everytime I have called them to upgrade they have said they
are not ready yet. Back in march they said it would definitely be
ready by end of April....... seems you can't do it thru their web
page but even when I ring in they put me off....

Old August 3rd 06, 06:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Well I complained that for months they had been ripping me off as I could
have enjoyed a better and faster service for less and they were victimising
their own customers. I received a email reply at the beginning of last
month saying we hope to be able to upgrade you 3rd/4th week in July. I
could not upgrade through their web page but after complaining again last
week they upgraded me - blaming the delays on BT.

Paul

Old August 3rd 06, 07:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Paul wrote:

Well I complained that for months they had been ripping me off as I could
have enjoyed a better and faster service for less

So why didn't you move ISPs ?

and they were victimising their own customers.

You're a whiner. Move to Plusnet and get a real reason to whine !

Graham

Old August 3rd 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Well I complained that for months they had been ripping me off as I could
have enjoyed a better and faster service for less and they were victimising
their own customers. I received a email reply at the beginning of last
month saying we hope to be able to upgrade you 3rd/4th week in July. I
could not upgrade through their web page but after complaining again last
week they upgraded me - blaming the delays on BT.

Which upgrade is this - the "original" free one from 512Mbit to 1Mbit ?
Old August 3rd 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Eeyore" wrote in message

| Paul wrote:
|
| Well I complained that for months they had been ripping me off as I could
| have enjoyed a better and faster service for less
|
| So why didn't you move ISPs ?
|
| and they were victimising their own customers.
|
| You're a whiner. Move to Plusnet and get a real reason to whine !
|
| Graham

Plusnet don't come close to NTL. Really they don't.
4 of us in the street are moving away from them as the service is dire, they
make promises they don't keep, and customer service costs money and comes down
to 'please reinstall your operating system'. My neighbour caught an NTL engineer
cutting cables outside his home (including a BT Business Line). He did not do
the normal thing of calling the police. He kicked the **** out of him. Police
turned up, asked for witness statements. Nobody saw a thing....... that's
justice.
Still, I guess with plusnet, you get no service at all!!!! So perhaps NTL are
just above them!

Old August 3rd 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Pier Danone wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

| You're a whiner. Move to Plusnet and get a real reason to whine !
|
| Graham

Plusnet don't come close to NTL. Really they don't.

I've had both. I know.

PN is worse.

Graham

Old August 3rd 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Paul wrote:
[...]

The speed will vary each resync for at least 10 days before
settling, as has been mentioned in many previous threads.
Once the maximum stable rate is determined, it may still
vary at any time depending on changing line conditions.

Changing ISP will not change the characteristics of the BT loop.