"The Broadband Boom and You" BBC2 Tonight

Old August 2nd 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default "The Broadband Boom and You" BBC2 Tonight

"The Broadband Boom and You"
BBC2 22:00-22:30 tonight.

"Broadband is one of the fastest growing consumer products of all time.
70,000 people are signing up each week. There's a bewildering variety of
services as telecom giants battle for customers.

Michael Robinson investigates for the money Programme. Are the cheapest
deals necessarily the best value ?"

More info. at;

Joe Lee

Old August 3rd 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Joe Lee wrote:
"The Broadband Boom and You"
BBC2 22:00-22:30 tonight.

"Broadband is one of the fastest growing consumer products of all time.
70,000 people are signing up each week. There's a bewildering variety of
services as telecom giants battle for customers.

Michael Robinson investigates for the money Programme. Are the cheapest
deals necessarily the best value ?"

More info. at;

It was useless. Poorly researched, and the so called 'expert' from u-switch
seemed clueless with regard to technical matters such as usage caps, and maximum
line speed available. No mention was made of a single BT Wholesale operator. The
only ISPs mentioned were BT, NTL, Talk Talk, and a passing mention of Sky.

--
Mark
Old August 3rd 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
| Joe Lee wrote:
| "The Broadband Boom and You"
| BBC2 22:00-22:30 tonight.
|
| "Broadband is one of the fastest growing consumer products of all time.
| 70,000 people are signing up each week. There's a bewildering variety of
| services as telecom giants battle for customers.
|
| Michael Robinson investigates for the money Programme. Are the cheapest
| deals necessarily the best value ?"
|
| More info. at;
| http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5234024.stm
|
| It was useless. Poorly researched, and the so called 'expert' from u-switch
| seemed clueless with regard to technical matters such as usage caps, and
maximum
| line speed available. No mention was made of a single BT Wholesale operator.
The
| only ISPs mentioned were BT, NTL, Talk Talk, and a passing mention of Sky.

And Orange!

It was utter wank - but people buy on the back of this crap. Which Magazine
found NTL to be the worst ISP. Yet, they were 'the number one supplier'
according to the program. They ran an add recently for staff claiming to be the
number one supplier of the best broadband and I complained to the ASA, they were
told it was misleading and not to do it again! They were spared a fine as it was
in the employment section.

It was a useless boom where the program makers clearly did not have a clue about
broadband. Still, in due course the balance will swing around and I am sure that
TalkTalk and others will appear on BBC1, on watchdog........