Unwanted Networking Prompt

Old August 1st 06, 11:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Unwanted Networking Prompt

Hi Everyone,

Every time I boot up I get a prompt inviting me to enter my Network Password
for Microsoft Networking that pauses the boot until I cancel it. This has
only started since I installed a Voyager 210 router and whilst it's not
desperate (I can cancel it and carry on as normal) it means I can't leave
the machine to boot up unattended and the prompt keeps re-appearing until it
finally gives up.

Can anyone help get rid of it?

Cheers

Old August 3rd 06, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Endulini wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Every time I boot up I get a prompt inviting me to enter my Network Password
for Microsoft Networking that pauses the boot until I cancel it. This has
only started since I installed a Voyager 210 router and whilst it's not
desperate (I can cancel it and carry on as normal) it means I can't leave
the machine to boot up unattended and the prompt keeps re-appearing until it
finally gives up.

Can anyone help get rid of it?

Cheers

Are you still using Windows 98(SE)? Your description of the dialogue box
makes it sound like it. If so, try using TweakUI -- I vaguely remember
some option like that.

Also, if the password in question is blank, then you shouldn't get the
dialogue box at all.

xF,

....Nick

Old August 4th 06, 12:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Nicholas Thomas" wrote in
message ...
Endulini wrote:
[...]

Hi,

It is 98SE, but I couldn't find anything in TweakUI that would change it.
The info in the Logon tab was already unticked. The password in the dialogue
box is blank but the prompt still comes up.

This is all since I installed the router.

Thanks

Old August 4th 06, 01:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Endulini" wrote in message

| "Nicholas Thomas" wrote
in
| message ...
| Endulini wrote:
| Hi Everyone,
|
| Every time I boot up I get a prompt inviting me to enter my Network
| Password
| for Microsoft Networking that pauses the boot until I cancel it. This
| has
| only started since I installed a Voyager 210 router and whilst it's
not
| desperate (I can cancel it and carry on as normal) it means I can't
| leave
| the machine to boot up unattended and the prompt keeps re-appearing
| until it
| finally gives up.
|
| Can anyone help get rid of it?
|
| Cheers
|

| Are you still using Windows 98(SE)? Your description of the dialogue box
| makes it sound like it. If so, try using TweakUI -- I vaguely remember
| some option like that.
|
| Also, if the password in question is blank, then you shouldn't get the
| dialogue box at all.
|
| xF,
|
| ...Nick
|
| Hi,
|
| It is 98SE, but I couldn't find anything in TweakUI that would change it.
| The info in the Logon tab was already unticked. The password in the
dialogue
| box is blank but the prompt still comes up.
|
| This is all since I installed the router.
|
| Thanks

From memory, on Network Settings/Properties first page where it has Adaptors
etc there is a pull-down which has something like Windows Network login
etc - choose Windows login and APPLY.
HTH.