Who offers Manual Orders for Broadband?

Old August 3rd 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Who offers Manual Orders for Broadband?

Hi,

Does anyone know which companies might accept manual orders for Broadband?

The reason I ask is because a friend has been attempting to order broadband
with TalkTalk and there seems to be some confusion about the status of their
Phone Line.

The BT Checker indicates that there is no current broadband service, however
SamKnows indicates that there is a service.

The situation is that there is NO current broadband service on the line at
this time so this should be a new broadband order. There was a service but
that was cancelled some time ago so TalkTalk is working with out of date
information.

TalkTalk are asking for a MAC Code, however one cannot be given since there
is no service on the line! The guys in India don't seem to be able to cope
with this concept so they can't progress the order.

I am wondering if a manual order might resolve this issue, and hence my
question about who might still accept manual orders?

Kind Regards

Simon

Old August 3rd 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Simon Zerafa wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know which companies might accept manual orders for Broadband?

The reason I ask is because a friend has been attempting to order broadband
with TalkTalk and there seems to be some confusion about the status of their
Phone Line.

If you value a friend - don't get them on Talk Talk

Graham

Old August 3rd 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Simon Zerafa" wrote in message
[...]

If there was BB on the line in the recent past there could still be a marker
on the line. ISPs/BT do not necessarily get rid of these markers in a
timely fashion. Try BT 151 and request that the marker be removed.

--
Peter

Who can't be bothered with a sig line

Old August 3rd 06, 01:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information :-)

Does calling 151 and requesting this actually work?

Kind Regards

Simon

Old August 3rd 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi Graham,

Are there specific issues with TalkTalk that I need to be aware of?

Have you had problems with them?

Kind Regards

Simon

Old August 3rd 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Simon Zerafa" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information :-)

Does calling 151 and requesting this actually work?

Kind Regards

Simon

It did for me. YMMV.

Old August 3rd 06, 09:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:50:58 +0100, Peter James wrote:

"Simon Zerafa" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information :-)

Does calling 151 and requesting this actually work?

Kind Regards

Simon

It did for me. YMMV.

Hi,

If it doesn't then the best option is to contact Ofcom. They have access
to the BT Wholesale databases and can see what orders are on any
particular line. They are usually pretty good at either sorting them out
themselves or they can provide you with the necessary details to take to
the ISP in question.

Old August 4th 06, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

The Invalid wrote:

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:41:53 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

Simon Zerafa wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know which companies might accept manual orders for Broadband?

The reason I ask is because a friend has been attempting to order broadband
with TalkTalk and there seems to be some confusion about the status of their
Phone Line.

If you value a friend - don't get them on Talk Talk

Graham

Please explain?

ADSLguide.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...tion=Compar e

Graham

Old August 4th 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

The Invalid wrote:

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:37:29 +0100, "Simon Zerafa"
wrote:

Hi Graham,

Are there specific issues with TalkTalk that I need to be aware of?

Have you had problems with them?

Kind Regards

Simon

Seems like Graham either doesn't know or cant be bothered to tell
anyone

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...tion=Compar e

Don't expect ought for nought is a very good maxim.

Graham

Old August 6th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"The Invalid" wrote in message

wrote:

Simon Zerafa wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know which companies might accept manual orders for
Broadband?

The reason I ask is because a friend has been attempting to order
broadband
with TalkTalk and there seems to be some confusion about the status
of their
Phone Line.

If you value a friend - don't get them on Talk Talk

Graham

Please explain?

ADSLguide.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...tion=Compar e

Graham

So you tell someone not to use Talk Talk based on someone elses
opinion?
You have no actual evidence yourself then.

I have a number of friends that were stupid enough to order Talk Talk and
after some weeks [after the promised date] are still waiting and cannot
switch to anyone else without a further payment. Additionally and not
mentioned in the large print - if your exchange does not have TalkTalk
equipment installed, you pay an extra 10 per month.

Their call centres are so busy [with complaints ?] that it is almost
impossible to get through.

This is virtually personal experience as a couple of my friends that are
waiting for TalkTalk, use my BT Total Broadband wireless network to keep in
touch with the world.