Which Router

Old August 3rd 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Which Router

Hi All

Well till 2 weeks ago id never tried VOIP untill a m8 gave me a Tesco
Internet phone.Well now im hooked
So far i have a Voipcheap account for outgoing calls and because they
no longer give you a incoming number even with credit i have a sipgate
number as well as the tesco one.

Now then i want a router ( i have one at the moment)that will allow
me to setup 2 voip account ie sipgate in viopcheap out. Is there
such a device? I would use Tesco for incoming but im told it needs
the software and wont work with a router.

If there isnt a router that allows 2 providers is there any other way
i can achive this?

Thanks
Ferret
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old August 3rd 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi Ferret

When you say a "Router" I assume you mean to route your
voip, which would be an ATA box or a router like Frtzbox that has a
built in ATA. Anyays if you have a Network Router then a Linksys
Sipura SPA3000 would do the job for you, go onto voxilla.com site use
the wizard to setup the UK or your countries regional settings, then
in the SPA config page PSTN line add all your Sipgate details for
inc calls on the Line 1 side add all your voicecheap details.

All deepjoy and thrufoldvapours.
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old August 4th 06, 03:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

You have four choices:
Draytek 2800VG, very good, reliable, expensive. Draytek 2600VG, second hand
/ from Ebay, no ADSL2, but otherwise as 2800VG.
FritzBox! from Sipgate.co.uk, many people swear by them, can set up multiple
VoIP providers.
Finally Zyxel 2602HW, ADSL2+, WiFi, 2x VoIP, latest TI chipset as good as
anything else.
As it happens I have new, boxed one for sale, they retail at £155, open to
offers.
Regards,
Martin at gsoft dot freeserve dot co dot uk

Old August 4th 06, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi lads

Thanks i had been looking at the Sipura SPA3000, ilike the sound of
the fritz box also 10 providers should future proof me :tongue

Thanks for your advice

Ferret
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com