Why doesn't everyone use voipcheap ?

Old August 3rd 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Why doesn't everyone use voipcheap ?

Apologies if I am missing something here and I would welcome any
corrections.

After a bit of searching around it seems like VoipCheap is the cheapest
provider for outgoing calls - free all the time (up to 5hrs/week) for
landline and 9p/min for mobile.

The only downside I can see is that you do not get an incoming number
however if I subscribe to a service such as Sipgate which offers a free
incoming line but never make any calls out (using an SPA2000 which will
handle 2 lines) then as far as I can tell my only monthly outgoing will be
calls to mobiles.

Am I correct ?.

TIA

Old August 3rd 06, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Resident Drunk has brought this to us :
Apologies if I am missing something here and I would welcome any
corrections.

After a bit of searching around it seems like VoipCheap is the cheapest
provider for outgoing calls - free all the time (up to 5hrs/week) for
landline and 9p/min for mobile.

The only downside I can see is that you do not get an incoming number
however if I subscribe to a service such as Sipgate which offers a free
incoming line but never make any calls out (using an SPA2000 which will
handle 2 lines) then as far as I can tell my only monthly outgoing will be
calls to mobiles.

Am I correct ?.

TIA

Perhaps you're using the wrong voipcheap?

http://www.voipcheap.com/en/rates.html#letu quotes rates below 5p for
mobiles.

Only had a cursory glance at their rates & didn't spot whether these
rates applied at peak times or not.

Old August 3rd 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Resident Drunk:
Apologies if I am missing something here and I would welcome any
corrections.

After a bit of searching around it seems like VoipCheap is the
cheapest provider for outgoing calls - free all the time (up to
5hrs/week) for landline and 9p/min for mobile.

The only downside I can see is that you do not get an incoming number
however if I subscribe to a service such as Sipgate which offers a
free incoming line but never make any calls out (using an SPA2000
which will handle 2 lines) then as far as I can tell my only monthly
outgoing will be calls to mobiles.

Am I correct ?.

TIA

..co.uk or .com VoIP Cheap - same company different prices.

I use their sister service VoIP Stunt, €10 (Ten Euro) + 16% VAT every
120 days, 300 mins free calls per week to UK and several international
destinations.

I have an incoming number with VoIP Stunt, VoIP Cheap and SIP Discount
(all same company) all are 0121 numbers, it's only recently they have
stopped issuing numbers, I also have an 0845 number with their other
service VoIPBuster.

I use VoIP Stunt and Sipgate on a PAP2 ATA.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 3rd 06, 09:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
[...]

Just to point out that voipcheap.co.uk and voipcheap.com's rates are
not the same. Prices are initially quoted in pence on co.uk and in
€cents on .com

I think voipcheap.com is generally a bit cheaper - in the case of uk
mobiles 9.75PENCE per min on co.uk and 6€cents per min on .com

Old August 3rd 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I don't like them, their reliability is not exactly very good!
Old August 3rd 06, 10:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sean used his keyboard to write :
I don't like them, their reliability is not exactly very good!

Them as in voipcheap, or Betamax/Finarea?

Old August 4th 06, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
[...]

This is what confuses me (and please excuse my stupidity if I am missing
something) - 10 Euro every 4 months is peanuts, but what do you get for that
that you do not get for free ?.

I have an incoming number with VoIP Stunt, VoIP Cheap and SIP Discount
(all same company) all are 0121 numbers, it's only recently they have
stopped issuing numbers, I also have an 0845 number with their other
service VoIPBuster.

I use VoIP Stunt and Sipgate on a PAP2 ATA.

Is there anything to gain from using multiple providers ?.

My calls will be 99.9% to UK landline and mobiles (I have now switched to
voipcheap.com for even cheaper mobile calls).

Old August 4th 06, 10:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Resident Drunk wrote:
.co.uk or .com VoIP Cheap - same company different prices.

I use their sister service VoIP Stunt, ?10 (Ten Euro) + 16% VAT every
120 days, 300 mins free calls per week to UK and several international
destinations.

This is what confuses me (and please excuse my stupidity if I am missing
something) - 10 Euro every 4 months is peanuts, but what do you get for that
that you do not get for free ?.

Calls over a minute long.

--
Chris Green
Old August 4th 06, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
[...]

The reason why I have the two services is I had Sipgate first and have a
very good number with them, it also means I can chop and change my other
service, which I have done, from VoIP Buster, VoIPCheap, SIP Discount
and currently VoIP Stunt, people use my Sipgate number to call me on, I
use VoIP Stunt to make outgoing calls, except freephone calls and calls
to other users on Sipgate or who Sipgate peer with as they are free.

If you don't pay €10 every 120 days, you only get very short 1 minute
calls for free, I think they also put a limit now on how many 1 minute
calls you can make.

I'm happy paying 50p/week for 300 mins calls to UK and other countries,
though I had managed to get over 14 months of free calls for just €6
before they started to implement the 120 day credit limit.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 4th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In message , Resident Drunk
writes
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

I use their sister service VoIP Stunt, ?10 (Ten Euro) + 16% VAT every
120 days, 300 mins free calls per week to UK and several international
destinations.

This is what confuses me (and please excuse my stupidity if I am missing
something) - 10 Euro every 4 months is peanuts, but what do you get for that
that you do not get for free ?.

Accounts appear to be restricted to VOIP to VOIP calls only after 100
free minutes have been used, which seems fair enough.

I use VoIP Stunt and Sipgate on a PAP2 ATA.

Is there anything to gain from using multiple providers ?.

VOIP Stunt doesn't accept incoming calls from the telephone network, but
Sipgate does. I don't think VOIP Stunt even accepts incoming calls from
other SIP providers, apart from its other brandings.

Also, for some destinations one VOIP provider may be cheaper than
another.

My calls will be 99.9% to UK landline and mobiles (I have now switched to
voipcheap.com for even cheaper mobile calls).

And even cheaper calls to mobiles at the weekend can be had its sister
company: http://www.1899.com/.
--
Martin Jay
Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877