SKYPE + VoSKY Call Centre - Call Forwarding Question.

Old August 4th 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default SKYPE + VoSKY Call Centre - Call Forwarding Question.

I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
hope).
Old August 4th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mark wrote:
I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
hope).

I don't undertand the VoSKY bit. Is that a business option? I just have
the ordinary product .......

Both seem to work for me, with occasional poor quality though. I find
that the SkypeIn to SkypeOut call forwarding works, but there is 15 to
25 seconds that a pstn caller hears a ringing tone before the phone
actually rings, so they might get bored and hang up unless briefed.
When an incoming Skype call is received while diverted, the phone rings
in about 3 seconds.

Old August 4th 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mark wrote:
I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
hope).

Do you have credit to cover the forwarded leg of the call?
Old August 4th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 4 Aug 2006 04:39:38 -0700, "andy"
wrote:

Mark wrote:
I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
hope).

I don't undertand the VoSKY bit. Is that a business option? I just have
the ordinary product .......

Its on the SKYPE website under "Call Centre" in the small business
shop.

Old August 4th 06, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:50:34 +0100, JW wrote:

Mark wrote:
I hope I did not make the wrong assumption when I decided to SKYPE my
house/office up. When I read in the sales blumf, "call forwarding" I
was hoping that people ringing me on my landline number, would be
transfered to my mobile phone number, relatively seamless. I have
enabled call forwarding and set the mobile number, but when somebody
rings me, it does not get transfered. Then I read that it transfers
Internet calls, does that mean internet call only?. Is there any way
to get what I want, I am happy with the rest of the service, and
living in Spain, but phoning the UK will save me a lot of money (I
hope).

Do you have credit to cover the forwarded leg of the call?

Yep, loads of Credit