BT2700HGV router with Sipgate

Old August 5th 06, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default BT2700HGV router with Sipgate

Any ideas how to setup Sipgate on a 2WIRE BT2700HGV router ?

Old August 5th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Is there anyone out there with a 2WIRE BT2700HGV router but is using it on a non-BT ISP ?

After entering the manual configuration key (5225-2374-WG62-22AS-BJ7P) from the 2wire website the BT
supplied username/password can be over-riden with your ISP supplied username/password settings.
After entering the MTU value (1492 in my case) and re-typing the username/password the connection
sync'ed up to my Eclipse ISP.

Now the problem is getting the VOIP to work. I'd prefer Sipphone or Sipgate to BT Broadband Voice
but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the required settings.

The BT2700HGV VOIP settings a
User Name
Auth Username
Auth Password

There's no mention of SIP Server, Domain, STUN Server, SIP ID and SIP number on the routers
webpage. I've rang and emailed BT but they're a waste of space. These extra SIP settings are
probably hard encoded to point at BT Broadband Voice servers. BT don't know of any special key code
to unlock the VOIP.

So if anyone knows how to get a non BT Broadband Voice VOIP such as Sipphone or Sipgate I'd be
interested to hearing from you.

-JB

Old August 5th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Jungle Boy" jungle.boy ( AT ) btconnect.com wrote in message
Is there anyone out there with a 2WIRE BT2700HGV router but is using it on
a non-BT ISP ?

After entering the manual configuration key (5225-2374-WG62-22AS-BJ7P)
from the 2wire website the BT
supplied username/password can be over-riden with your ISP supplied
username/password settings.
After entering the MTU value (1492 in my case) and re-typing the
username/password the connection
sync'ed up to my Eclipse ISP.

This is normal. The makers (2Wire) call it 'Greenlight'
Throw it away. There are many forums of people trying to use them, some with
varying degrees of sucess, primarily by changing the activation key to a
generic/non-BT one.
Google is your friend.

Old August 5th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Yes, I've seen the posts about the problems some people are having but nothing about the VOIP side
of things. I asked BT if they had another key code besides the manual one that 2wire offers but they
didn't know what I was talking about. It's working ok at a standard wifi router at the moment.
Hopefully 2wire will email me on Monday so I might get somewhere then.
-JB

Old August 5th 06, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Jungle Boy" jungle.boy ( AT ) btconnect.com wrote in message
Yes, I've seen the posts about the problems some people are having but
nothing about the VOIP side
of things. I asked BT if they had another key code besides the manual one
that 2wire offers but they
didn't know what I was talking about. It's working ok at a standard wifi
router at the moment.
Hopefully 2wire will email me on Monday so I might get somewhere then.

I seem to remember this being a stumbling block for those guys who did
manage to configure the router for a different ISP. They were unable to use
the SIP stuff.

Good luck anyway! I threw one in the bin last week after deciding I couldn't
be arsed and needed the space. Wish I'd kept it at just as a Wireless Access
Point now (I use a PCI card with Routing & Remote Access on server2003 so no
need for the routing part).

Old August 6th 06, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Email from 2wire, quote "Unfortunately, 2Wire does not support the VoIP functionality of the HGV
units in any way, shape, or form".

In the BT2700HGV router http://192.168.1.254/management under Advanced-Provisioning Info is a
reference to SIP QOS Server Addr 81.144.106.0

This IP doesn't have reverse DNS but it pings ok although I haven't discovered anything about this
server.

The appears to be just the default username.
It also lists the BT Broadband help desk phone number "0845-600-7020" where they know nothing about
how to get the VOIP working on this router.

Also the
is listed here but according to the above quote from 2wire in the words
of Manuel from Fawlty Towers, "I know nothing".

-JB

Old September 1st 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Carl Farrington wrote:
[...]

Maybe not as I don't think the range can be very good as the aerial consists
of about a 2 inch length of printed circuit board!