Speedtouch ST2020

Old August 5th 06, 02:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Speedtouch ST2020

I've just set up an account with sipgate & treated myself to a Speedtouch
2020 to go with it. I've managed to get everything set up & working OK, but
I have one question regarding the ST2020; how on earth do you send DTMF
tones during a call? The manual is scant on information to say the least & I
can't seem to glean information from the web; I've tried every combination
of keys to get it to send tones but with no luck. Am I missing something
obvious (like maybe it can't send DTMF tones duting a call)?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

Rob L.

Old August 5th 06, 05:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Rob L.:
I've just set up an account with sipgate & treated myself to a
Speedtouch 2020 to go with it. I've managed to get everything set up
& working OK, but I have one question regarding the ST2020; how on
earth do you send DTMF tones during a call? The manual is scant on
information to say the least & I can't seem to glean information from
the web; I've tried every combination of keys to get it to send tones
but with no luck. Am I missing something obvious (like maybe it can't
send DTMF tones duting a call)?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

Rob L.

See if you can find a DTMF Tx Method setting somewhere and set it to
Inband.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 5th 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Rob L. wrote:
I've just set up an account with sipgate & treated myself to a Speedtouch
2020 to go with it. I've managed to get everything set up & working OK, but
I have one question regarding the ST2020; how on earth do you send DTMF
tones during a call? The manual is scant on information to say the least & I
can't seem to glean information from the web; I've tried every combination
of keys to get it to send tones but with no luck. Am I missing something
obvious (like maybe it can't send DTMF tones duting a call)?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

Rob L.

Don't know about the ST2020, but on the ST716g there's a setting that
says:
Send telephone events via - with three options - RFC2833, INFO method
or Voice Codec
You could try fiddling with those.

Old August 6th 06, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 02:25:22 +0100, "Rob L."
wrote:

I've just set up an account with sipgate & treated myself to a Speedtouch
2020 to go with it. I've managed to get everything set up & working OK, but
I have one question regarding the ST2020; how on earth do you send DTMF
tones during a call? The manual is scant on information to say the least & I
can't seem to glean information from the web; I've tried every combination
of keys to get it to send tones but with no luck. Am I missing something
obvious (like maybe it can't send DTMF tones duting a call)?

Many thanks in advance for any pointers on this.

Rob L.

According to the datasheet - it uses rfc2833 out of band for DTMF
transmission during call. It might be that sipgate don't support this
method. The other alternatives (which don't appear to be configurable
on the 2020 are inband & SIP Info methods).