MaxDSL Sync speed change

Old August 5th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default MaxDSL Sync speed change

Has something changed recently with maxDSL. Since I was maxed a couple of
months ago, I have consistantly sync'd at 3400 and above. Normally my stable
rate was 2.5Mb, and frequently 3Mb. Then last week I lost my connection, and
when I checked my router my sync rate had dropped. Now I struggle to sync at
2500, with stable rate now 1.5Mb.

Before, my SNR margin was always 10, now its always 15 or more. Has BT
changes the way maxDSL works, as I thought it tried to minimise the SNR
margin to 8 or so.

Results from my router are below. (I have to different routers and both give
similar results).

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin 15.3 22.0 dB
Line Attenuation 53.7 31.0 dB
Data Rate 2528 448 kbps
Latency INTERLEAVED INTERLEAVED

Stephen

Old August 5th 06, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Your noise margin target has been raised, therefore syncs are lower
thus lower speeds. Welcome to the club. Mine is stuck at 12dB and
nowt can be done about it.
--
Regards
James

Who decides this, and why. I was happy how I was, and there were no
problems.