In praise of...

Old August 5th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

Default In praise of...

Orange. As they seem to be getting some stick at the moment, I've just
started an 18 month mobile+free broadband contract with them.
Broadband port took 6 days. No problem except finding a clear channel on
the Livebox.
Talk service took 8 days (free evening and weekend calls).
Number port to mobile no problem.

18 month mobile contract cost about 200 (crappy RAZR V3 on Canary with 30
Quidco cashback through e2save).
You can get a contract for as cheap as 60 from buymobilephones.net if you
don't mind chasing the cashbacks.

Problems expected :- how much over the 2GB broadband limit can I go before
they get me to upgrade to unlimited ?

Recommended for low use mobilers and internet.
--
Grumps

Old August 5th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

Musicrab wrote:
Orange. As they seem to be getting some stick at the moment, I've just
started an 18 month mobile+free broadband contract with them.

So far so good. Don't forget to confirm that everything is fine in
month 17 of the contract. Good luck.
Old August 5th 06, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

"Musicrab" wrote in message

Orange. As they seem to be getting some stick at the moment...

hmmm, someone for whom I'm doing a private broadband set-up job has been
waiting the best part of 2 weeks for Orange to get their act together in
relation to a problem with her account. Not a company I'd deal with,
personally.