Headsets

Old August 5th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Headsets

I am about to try a soft phone and would like some advice on headsets.
For instance can they double up for use with a mobile MP3 player and
also on aircraft. If so could I detach the mic when not needed.

Also how they simply plug into my PC (audio In/Mic on soundcard?)

Thanks

Mike

Old August 5th 06, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Mike Saunders" wrote:

I am about to try a soft phone and would like some advice on headsets.
For instance can they double up for use with a mobile MP3 player and
also on aircraft. If so could I detach the mic when not needed.

Also how they simply plug into my PC (audio In/Mic on soundcard?)

Sorry, you are at the wrong place. No one can know what sort of socket your
MP3 player has, and whether you can or cannot detach the microphone. Better
go and ask in a computer shop.

Old August 5th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Mike Saunders wrote:
I am about to try a soft phone and would like some advice on headsets.
For instance can they double up for use with a mobile MP3 player

possibly - if your MP3 player has a 'normal' socket and you don't get a
USB headset
and
also on aircraft.

don't know but you'll probably need an adapter - try somewhere like
Maplin for that
If so could I detach the mic when not needed.
depends what you buy

Also how they simply plug into my PC (audio In/Mic on soundcard?)

either USB or soundcard

Thanks

Mike

Agree with KaShMiRi - save these questions for the shop you get it from.
Old August 5th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Mike Saunders" wrote in message
I am about to try a soft phone and would like some advice on headsets.
For instance can they double up for use with a mobile MP3 player and
also on aircraft. If so could I detach the mic when not needed.

Also how they simply plug into my PC (audio In/Mic on soundcard?)

Thanks

Mike

The last time I flew, the headphones you purchased had a double jack plug
arrangement. When you were back on Terra firma you could fold one prong down
and the remaining one fits your walkman etc.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 5th 06, 08:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Graham." wrote in message

[snip]

The last time I flew, the headphones you purchased had a
double jack plug arrangement. When you were back on Terra
firma you could fold one prong down and the remaining one
fits your walkman etc.

Depends on the airline. The headphones I had with Air France don't fit the
sockets on American Airlines, for example.

Ivor

Old August 5th 06, 08:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
"Graham." wrote in message

[snip]

The last time I flew, the headphones you purchased had a
double jack plug arrangement. When you were back on Terra
firma you could fold one prong down and the remaining one
fits your walkman etc.

Depends on the airline. The headphones I had with Air France don't fit the
sockets on American Airlines, for example.

Ivor

Typical of the French, next you'll know they'll have put it through
the EU parliament and we'll have to comply. Of course, Mr B could
use his friendship with Mr B to make sure we're on our own within
the EU again.

Old August 6th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Użytkownik "Nick" napisał

Typical of the French, next you'll know they'll have put it through
the EU parliament and we'll have to comply. Of course, Mr B could
use his friendship with Mr B to make sure we're on our own within
the EU again.

Well, rather typical of the Americans, nothing follows world standards
(starting from mains voltage).

Old August 6th 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh KaShMiRi:
Użytkownik "Nick" napisał

Typical of the French, next you'll know they'll have put it through
the EU parliament and we'll have to comply. Of course, Mr B could
use his friendship with Mr B to make sure we're on our own within
the EU again.

Well, rather typical of the Americans, nothing follows world standards
(starting from mains voltage).

At least the American realise having 110V has been a big disadvantage
for them, and if they were to start again it would have been 220+ V for
everything, not just for large items like cookers and washing machines
etc.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 6th 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Uzytkownik "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" napisal

At least the American realise having 110V has been a big disadvantage for
them, and if they were to start again it would have been 220+ V for
everything, not just for large items like cookers and washing machines
etc.

Mine was just a stingy reply to the previous post. But honestly, I think the
socket question above is not really France vs US but rather Airbus vs
Boeing!

Old August 6th 06, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"KaShMiRi" wrote in message

Użytkownik "Nick" napisał

Typical of the French, next you'll know they'll have put it through
the EU parliament and we'll have to comply. Of course, Mr B could
use his friendship with Mr B to make sure we're on our own within
the EU again.

Well, rather typical of the Americans, nothing follows world standards
(starting from mains voltage).

Well the Americans just didn't adopt metric when the French did and metric
became OSI, so most EU measurements are sensibly metric now, apart from the
pint down your local and miles on the road.

For real idiosyncrasy one had to go to France. Although many are being
slowly dropped, it was they that gave the world (well France anyway) yellow
headlights, priorite a droit, SECAM, clavier universel (universal 'azerty'
keyboard) and host of other oddities...