Help needed - moved house - unable to order adsl as line still tagged

Old August 5th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Help needed - moved house - unable to order adsl as line still tagged

Hi folks,

Hope someone can help coz BT can't. I've just moved house - the
previous owner had adsl through wanadoo but cancelled his account just
prior to moving out. I've tried to order broadband through BT and they
tell me I can't because the line is still "tagged".

I've asked the previous owner to check with Wanadoo and they say
they've cancelled the account and there's nothing else that they can
do, BT are telling me that they can't process the order from them (or
any other ISP for that matter) until it has been detagged properly.

So can anyone help me out here? How do I get this tag removed so that I
can order broadband?

Cheers,

Kev

Old August 5th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 5-Aug-2006, Kevin Morgan wrote:

So can anyone help me out here? How do I get this tag removed so that I
can order broadband?

Have you been billed by BT as the new subscriber?
I take it that for billing purposes you are the person they bill.
Ask BT would it be easier if they did a cease and re-provision
and at what cost if any.
Also ask if you leave BT for a combined phone, BB package,
will this solve the problem.?
Imply that if BT are trying to lose customers this is
the way to do it.
Try Ofcom, they don't move very fast, or effectively, but they have
BT's ear.
It's a jobsworth problem. "Although you are the new subscriber
it's more than my jobsworth to untag your line."
If your house is in the same exchange area as your new house
can you take your old number with you? It might get the
line untagged as it would become a different number.
Old August 5th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hope someone can help coz BT can't. I've just moved house - the previous
owner had adsl through wanadoo but cancelled his account just prior to
moving out. I've tried to order broadband through BT and they tell me I
can't because the line is still "tagged".

I've asked the previous owner to check with Wanadoo and they say they've
cancelled the account and there's nothing else that they can do, BT are
telling me that they can't process the order from them (or any other ISP
for that matter) until it has been detagged properly.

So can anyone help me out here? How do I get this tag removed so that I
can order broadband?

I have a similar problem, take a look he
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/int...ing/broadband/

Regards,
Tony