Moving Wireless Router...

Old August 6th 06, 01:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Moving Wireless Router...

Moving my wire B router from middle of the house to the other end.
Now some part can not receive signal.

What do I need to install ? an "extender" ?

thanks
NY/USA

Connection: Cable Modem
Router: Belkin Wireless 802.11b router

Old August 6th 06, 12:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"pilsner" wrote in message
Moving my wire B router from middle of the house to the other end.
Now some part can not receive signal.

What do I need to install ? an "extender" ?

thanks
NY/USA

Connection: Cable Modem
Router: Belkin Wireless 802.11b router

The simpleast answer would be to move it back to where it was - way have you
moved it?

You could get somthing like the DLink DWL-G710/B I think this will only
support WEP encrription, not WPA though.

You can get another acccess point and then wire it to the existing router.
(Setting the SSID, encription key and type the same, assigning it an IP
address in the same range as your other router that is noit in the DHCP
pool. Turning off the DHCP server in the new access point, if it has one and
finally make sure the channel it is using is different to the origanal
router) - this will allow things to roam between the access points.

Sparks...

Old August 7th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Sparks"
The simpleast answer would be to move it back to where it was - way have

you
moved it?

why ? wife says so...

Old August 7th 06, 11:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"pilsner" wrote in message
"Sparks"
The simpleast answer would be to move it back to where it was - way have

you
moved it?

why ? wife says so...

Ah, I see, try moving it back when she is out, and disguising it with a
doily, so some-such item!

But if she spots it, you balls are out for the chop!