Sparks my Download box is all worrking thanks :)

Old August 6th 06, 06:40 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Sparks my Download box is all worrking thanks :)

All port Forwarded and Cranking with Emule Plus and Utorrent. Well
will be when i add a 300 gig drive. All High id and Ports are open for
downloading goodies.

I was alittle confused when it did no work and i got low Ids with
Emule plus. But i added the 1.2 Ip into the Portforwarding area for
the ports i have set on my p2p programs on my download box and it
worked.

Just wondering why i have to do this. My Main pc is 1.1 and download
box is 1.2. HMMM still need alittle more help understanding this.
Atleast it works even i i don't completly understand.

Thanks again.

Old August 6th 06, 11:06 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Home Theatre Guy wrote in message

All port Forwarded and Cranking with Emule Plus and Utorrent. Well
will be when i add a 300 gig drive. All High id and Ports are open for
downloading goodies.

I was alittle confused when it did no work and i got low Ids with
Emule plus. But i added the 1.2 Ip into the Portforwarding area for
the ports i have set on my p2p programs on my download box and it
worked.

Just wondering why i have to do this. My Main pc is 1.1 and download
box is 1.2. HMMM still need alittle more help understanding this.
Atleast it works even i i don't completly understand.

Thanks again.

Think of your router as a doorman.

If you don't tell your doorman (router) where you want certain people
(Traffic over a particular port) to go, it won't be able to direct it
anywhere.

So, on your download box (192.168.1.2) you tell emule you want all traffic
to go over port 2500 (for example) then you connect to the emule network and
start downloading stuff - no problems so far, this port 2500 is not being
used yet) you then share what you have downloaded, emule is then
broadcasting "I have reallygoodtune.mp3, come and get it on port 2500
(Because you told emule you wanted to use that port)" if your router does
not know traffic from the internet on port 2500 should be directed to your
"download" PC, it will just ignore all the requests other people are making
to that port.

Easy really :-)

Old August 6th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Why can't i set my Download box to portforward to 192.168.1.1 which is
my Ip of my first pc ????

Some how how magicly it go's from 1.2 to 1.1 and is fine. Just don't
understand that

I know i thick

Thanks.

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:06:50 +0100, "Sparks"
wrote:

192.168.1.2)

Old August 6th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:06:50 +0100, "Sparks"
wrote:

192.168.1.2)

Home Theatre Guy wrote in message

Why can't i set my Download box to portforward to 192.168.1.1 which is
my Ip of my first pc ????

Some how how magicly it go's from 1.2 to 1.1 and is fine. Just don't
understand that

I know i thick

Thanks.

Okay, I am getting confused now!
If you answer ALL of the following, I will try to explain it :-)

Does "Download Box" mean your second PC?

What is the IP address of all your PC's?

What is the IP address of your router?