SPA-3000 inbound call from PSTN

Old August 6th 06, 07:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default SPA-3000 inbound call from PSTN

Hopefully a quick question, using an SPA-3000 is it possible to do the
following? If not is there a similar unit (as in small and not that
expensive) which can, or do I have to go to a PC with trixbox?

Call comes in from PSTN
If call is from my mobile then:
Provide a VOIP dial tone
Else:
Divert call to a VOIP number with no (or near to no) delay
Old August 6th 06, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Robert Gauld explained :
Hopefully a quick question, using an SPA-3000 is it possible to do the
following? If not is there a similar unit (as in small and not that
expensive) which can, or do I have to go to a PC with trixbox?

Call comes in from PSTN
If call is from my mobile then:
Provide a VOIP dial tone
Else:
Divert call to a VOIP number with no (or near to no) delay

It's certainly possible to do both, however, I'm not sure it can do
both at once.....will the divert/forward stop it giving you dial tone
when you call in on your mobile?

I suppose you would make use of the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern:" section
for your mobile on the PSTN Line tab. On the User 1 tab, set up a
forward on no answer, with a shorter delay for other calls.

Will you be diverting to a VoIP number from the same provider as you
have configured on your device?

Old August 6th 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
Robert Gauld explained :
Hopefully a quick question, using an SPA-3000 is it possible to do the
following? If not is there a similar unit (as in small and not that
expensive) which can, or do I have to go to a PC with trixbox?

Call comes in from PSTN
If call is from my mobile then:
Provide a VOIP dial tone
Else:
Divert call to a VOIP number with no (or near to no) delay

It's certainly possible to do both, however, I'm not sure it can do both
at once.....

which is exactly why I'm asking.

will the divert/forward stop it giving you dial tone when
you call in on your mobile?

I suppose you would make use of the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern:" section
for your mobile on the PSTN Line tab. On the User 1 tab, set up a
forward on no answer, with a shorter delay for other calls.

Will you be diverting to a VoIP number from the same provider as you
have configured on your device?

Sorry should probably have been more precise on that. It will either
forward to a number from the same provider (one of those 7 number
jobbies) or to a static IP.
Old August 6th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"Robert Gauld" wrote in message
Hopefully a quick question, using an SPA-3000 is it possible to do the
following? If not is there a similar unit (as in small and not that
expensive) which can, or do I have to go to a PC with trixbox?

Call comes in from PSTN
If call is from my mobile then:
Provide a VOIP dial tone
Else:
Divert call to a VOIP number with no (or near to no) delay

If you do use Asterisk you can do what I do

Call comes in (DDI used specifically for this purpose). Call is not
answered.
Asterisk waits 5 seconds then returns the call to the CLI it just
registered.
You answer the call and Asterisk asks you for a password then gives you
dialtone.

The beauty of this is no charge whatsoever is made to the initiating phone
so for example, I can use my Company mobile to make personal international
calls and the kids can make calls from their PAYG mobiles with minimal
credit
(Asterisk logs everything of course)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old August 6th 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Robert Gauld expressed precisely :
Jono wrote:
Robert Gauld explained :
[...]

Do you not have one yet?

Old August 6th 06, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Jono wrote:
Robert Gauld expressed precisely :
Jono wrote:
Robert Gauld explained :
[...]

No - I'm asking if it can before I buy one - hence the "If not is there
a similar unit (as in small and not that expensive) which can" part of
my original question. I wanted to find out if it would / might work or
if it's already been tried with/without success before parting with my
money.
Old August 6th 06, 05:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Robert Gauld formulated on Sunday :

Do you not have one yet?

No - I'm asking if it can before I buy one - hence the "If not is there
a similar unit (as in small and not that expensive) which can" part of
my original question. I wanted to find out if it would / might work or
if it's already been tried with/without success before parting with my
money.

Fair enough. There'll be someone along here, at some point, I would
imagine' that'd be prepared to try it on their device.

Have you looked in the Linksys/Sipura user forum at http://voxilla.com
?

Old August 6th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

In article , Graham. writes

"Robert Gauld" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I would appreciate an example of how you set this up on Asterisk, it's
something I would like to do, but, a working example might just get me
started !

I have an spa3000, had a couple of stabs at getting it configured as
pstn gateway for *, its now back in the box for a while.....

--
Mike
Old August 6th 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I would appreciate an example of how you set this up on Asterisk, it's
something I would like to do, but, a working example might just get me
started !

I have an spa3000, had a couple of stabs at getting it configured as
pstn gateway for *, its now back in the box for a while.....

This is the Nerd Vittles article that whetted my apatite.

http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=73

Look at the heading "One ringy-dingy"

I ended up doing things a little differently, the dialtone gives me access
to the 'from internal' context so I can do anything a local extension can
do.
I use a Sipgate trunk to receive the initial trigger call,
and VoIPCHEAP to make the call-back and the onward call (only one account
needed though).

If I have time I will post my config file later. I will need to censor it
first.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old August 6th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

OK here is what I did.
Paste something like this at the bottom of extensions_custom.conf
whe 2462468 is my sipgate number (and incoming user context)
and: 1234 is the DISA (or should that be DOSA:-) password
Point the incomming route for 2462468 to custom app:
custom-ringy-in,6608571,1

;graham one ringy dingy
[custom-ringy-in]
exten = 2462468,1,NoOp
exten = 2462468,2,Congestion
exten = 2462468,3,Hangup

exten = h,1,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM:1})
;the ':1' above strips the first digit (0)
exten = h,2,System(echo channel: SIP/VOIPCHEAP/0044${CALLERIDNUM}
/tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
;the '0044' above adds prefix
exten = h,3,System(echo context: custom-callout /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = h,4,System(echo extension: ${CALLERIDNUM} /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = h,5,System(echo priority: 1 /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
exten = h,6,System(echo callerid: /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}) ; Your CallerID
for your TelaSIP account goes here (just use this line as-is. Graham)
exten = h,7,System(echo sleep 10 /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)
exten = h,8,System(echo cp /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM} /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
/tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)

exten = h,9,System(chmod 775 /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)
exten = h,10,System(/tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)
exten = h,11,Hangup()

[custom-callout]
exten = s,1,Background(silence/1)
;exten = s,3,Background(asterisk-friend) ; announcment too anoying,
commented out.
exten = s,2,Authenticate(1234)
exten = s,3,DISA(no-password|from-internal)