X Lite, X Pro question.

Old August 6th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default X Lite, X Pro question.

Maybe I can't see the wood for trees? I've searched
the net but can't find a suitable answer, could be I'm
not asking the correct buzz words?

OK here goes. I have several PC's with installations
of either X Lite or X Pro. Having just built a new
PC that's mega quick (compared with my others)
I want to use it primarily for VoIP use.
(Please, no comments on using asterisk etc, it's not
what I want)
I'd like to know if it's possible to "extract" the various
configurations from the PC's, combine this information,
and then load the new PC with the data? Thus saving
the tedious manual input.

Many thanks for any useful offering.

Old August 6th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Nick wrote:
Maybe I can't see the wood for trees? I've searched
the net but can't find a suitable answer, could be I'm
not asking the correct buzz words?

OK here goes. I have several PC's with installations
of either X Lite or X Pro. Having just built a new
PC that's mega quick (compared with my others)
I want to use it primarily for VoIP use.
(Please, no comments on using asterisk etc, it's not
what I want)
I'd like to know if it's possible to "extract" the various
configurations from the PC's, combine this information,
and then load the new PC with the data? Thus saving
the tedious manual input.

Well you don't say what OS you are using but assuming its MS Windows
then x-lite stores its config in the registry. So if you are proficient
in using the registry you could possible copy it over that way. However
I doubt it would be any less hassle than setting up the accounts again
manually.

HTH

Jon

Old August 7th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Uzytkownik "Jon Farmer" napisal

Well you don't say what OS you are using but assuming its MS Windows
then x-lite stores its config in the registry. So if you are proficient
in using the registry you could possible copy it over that way. However
I doubt it would be any less hassle than setting up the accounts again
manually.

It is VERY EASY to save and restore X-Pro configuration from the Registry.
Simply save ("export") the whole key

HKCU\Software\XtenNetworksInc\X-Pro

To merge it into the Registry on another computer, simply double-click the
file.

Remember if you have several computers in the same network, you should set
different SIP ports for each of the computers (i.e.., UDP 5060, 5062, 5064,
etc.).

Old August 7th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

BTW, you can also keep the X-Pro (.exe) file and the settings (.reg) on a
pendrive and use them on any computer you like - in internet cafes etc.
Don't forget to delete the settings from the registry afterwards (your
password is stored there too!)