IPKall forwarded to voiptalk.org

Old August 6th 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default IPKall forwarded to voiptalk.org

Has anybody got an IPKall number forwarded and working to voiptalk.org?
Or is it a "sipgate" situation - ie they (voiptalk) don't accept
forwarded sip calls?

I've tried putting 1) voiptalk.org, 2) nat.voiptalk.org and 3)
nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as the proxy - all to no avail.

And yes, I've waited more than an hour for each setting to take effect.

Old August 6th 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anybody got an IPKall number forwarded and working to voiptalk.org?
Or is it a "sipgate" situation - ie they (voiptalk) don't accept
forwarded sip calls?

I've tried putting 1) voiptalk.org, 2) nat.voiptalk.org and 3)
nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as the proxy - all to no avail.

And yes, I've waited more than an hour for each setting to take effect.

I recall having to wait almost 48 hours for my IPKall number to become
active on one of my Sipgate numbers. Be it IPKall or Sipgate I don't
know.

Old August 7th 06, 02:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh Nick:
"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anybody got an IPKall number forwarded and working to
voiptalk.org? Or is it a "sipgate" situation - ie they (voiptalk)
don't accept forwarded sip calls?

I've tried putting 1) voiptalk.org, 2) nat.voiptalk.org and 3)
nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as the proxy - all to no avail.

And yes, I've waited more than an hour for each setting to take
effect.

I recall having to wait almost 48 hours for my IPKall number to become
active on one of my Sipgate numbers. Be it IPKall or Sipgate I don't
know.

It would be IPKALL.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old August 7th 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick:
"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anybody got an IPKall number forwarded and working to
voiptalk.org? Or is it a "sipgate" situation - ie they (voiptalk)
don't accept forwarded sip calls?

I've tried putting 1) voiptalk.org, 2) nat.voiptalk.org and 3)
nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as the proxy - all to no avail.

And yes, I've waited more than an hour for each setting to take
effect.

I recall having to wait almost 48 hours for my IPKall number to become
active on one of my Sipgate numbers. Be it IPKall or Sipgate I don't
know.

It would be IPKALL.

Thanks for the replies guys. Another number that I'd setup 6-8 months
ago was to Gizmo and that was available within the hour. I'll wait it
out a bit longer then (it's now about 16 hours since the last
change....).

Old August 7th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 7 Aug 2006 01:08:18 -0700, "paul123" wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick:
"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anybody got an IPKall number forwarded and working to
voiptalk.org? Or is it a "sipgate" situation - ie they (voiptalk)
don't accept forwarded sip calls?

I've tried putting 1) voiptalk.org, 2) nat.voiptalk.org and 3)
nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as the proxy - all to no avail.

And yes, I've waited more than an hour for each setting to take
effect.

I recall having to wait almost 48 hours for my IPKall number to become
active on one of my Sipgate numbers. Be it IPKall or Sipgate I don't
know.

It would be IPKALL.

Thanks for the replies guys. Another number that I'd setup 6-8 months
ago was to Gizmo and that was available within the hour. I'll wait it
out a bit longer then (it's now about 16 hours since the last
change....).

It does work fine to voiptalk use voiptalk.org for the SIP proxy and
your 8 digit voiptalk number for the SIP phone number
Old August 7th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Uzytkownik "paul123" napisal w wiadomosci
oups.com...
Has anybody got an IPKall number forwarded and working to voiptalk.org?
Or is it a "sipgate" situation - ie they (voiptalk) don't accept
forwarded sip calls?

I've tried putting 1) voiptalk.org, 2) nat.voiptalk.org and 3)
nat.voiptalk.org:5065 as the proxy - all to no avail.

You can try www.voicestick.com - you can asign a UK *AND* a US geographical
number to your account (and it's free). They also give $5 calling credit
when you open an account - I was quite amazed.
They want you to use their software (preconfig sjphone) but they also
emailed me their sip config (domain: i2telecom.com, sip proxy:
206.165.50.116).
I have an impression they want to lure you to one of their contracts but
pay-as-you go turns out cheaper.
Despite providing UK numbers, it is a US provider, so ping is naturally
slower, and you can hear half a second delay when you call yorself on the UK
mobile. Also, some destinations seem not to work (at least with their
initial $5) - like Telenor mobiles in Pakistan. Otherwise quite happy with
the service (particularly with automated credit card payments).

Old August 8th 06, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Kev wrote:
On 7 Aug 2006 01:08:18 -0700, "paul123" wrote:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Nick:
"paul123" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Yes, thanks Kev. I had put in a support request to Voiptalk and that's
what they said.

It now works fine, cheers.