Windows Internet Sharing

Old August 7th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Windows Internet Sharing

I've got a small network operating behind a NAT router.

I have a mobile device that only has a bluetooth connection which I note
on Windows can also be set for 'Internet Sharing'.

I know you can daisy chain routers but am wondering about the theory of
'Internet Sharing' behind a NAT router.

I have attempted this with no luck as yet but that could be my settings on
my mobile device rather than the computer setup.

Geoff Lane

Old August 8th 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
news | I've got a small network operating behind a NAT router.

| I have a mobile device that only has a bluetooth connection which I note
| on Windows can also be set for 'Internet Sharing'.
|
| I know you can daisy chain routers but am wondering about the theory of
| 'Internet Sharing' behind a NAT router.
|
| I have attempted this with no luck as yet but that could be my settings on
| my mobile device rather than the computer setup.
|
| Geoff Lane

Am I missing something here? Don't you just plug the second PC into router or
connect to it wirelessly for internet connectivity on a second machine???

Old August 9th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:03:05 +0000, Pier Danone wrote:

| I've got a small network operating behind a NAT router.
|
| I have a mobile device that only has a bluetooth connection which I note
| on Windows can also be set for 'Internet Sharing'.

Am I missing something here? Don't you just plug the second PC into router or
connect to it wirelessly for internet connectivity on a second machine???

Might not have clarified my point well, the mobile device (Sony Ericcson
phone) has the Bluetooth connection as has my computer.

I was looking to allow the phone to connect to the computer to share the
Internet Connection but this computer is behind a NAT router.

Geoff Lane

Old August 11th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
news | On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:03:05 +0000, Pier Danone wrote:

| | I've got a small network operating behind a NAT router.
| |
| | I have a mobile device that only has a bluetooth connection which I note
| | on Windows can also be set for 'Internet Sharing'.
|
| Am I missing something here? Don't you just plug the second PC into router
or
| connect to it wirelessly for internet connectivity on a second machine???
|
| Might not have clarified my point well, the mobile device (Sony Ericcson
| phone) has the Bluetooth connection as has my computer.
|
| I was looking to allow the phone to connect to the computer to share the
| Internet Connection but this computer is behind a NAT router.
|
| Geoff Lane

I did this with a palm running bluetooth, but I had to add a PPP layer for it.
This may have just been parculiar to the Palm. You may find google will give you
more info.

Old August 16th 06, 08:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:42:24 +0100, Ed Moham wrote:

| I was looking to allow the phone to connect to the computer to share
the
| Internet Connection but this computer is behind a NAT router.

I did this with a palm running bluetooth, but I had to add a PPP layer
for it.
This may have just been parculiar to the Palm. You may find google
will give you
more info.

Thanks for suggestion, it is one of those things I'd ** like ** to do but
is not essential.

I was wondering about a Bluetooth Access Point but then am
thinking, do I
really need the phone to access the internet but you know what it's like,
it becomes a challenge :-)))

Geoff Lane