Email add forever when changing isps?

Old August 7th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Email add forever when changing isps?

Were currently moving from 1 isp to another and consequently losing all our
email address, to stop this happening again can anyone recommend a decent
secure email service, 5 emails required and will obv be receiving them off
the server with outlook express. I read about paying a hosting company like
5 a year and they will supply you with address and as long as u pay the fee
u have those address for ever, anyone heard of this and anyone have any more
detailed info on this?

cheers!

Old August 7th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

You need to buy a domain. I use http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ and have the
mail forwarded to my ISPs server.

Just bought a domain (www.do-not-buy-klaussner.co.uk) for 6.09 for
two years.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old August 7th 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

www.1and1.co.uk are providing good service to me.

Al

Old August 7th 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"MagicUK" wrote in message
ng.com...
Were currently moving from 1 isp to another and consequently losing all
our email address, to stop this happening again can anyone recommend a
decent secure email service, 5 emails required and will obv be receiving
them off the server with outlook express. I read about paying a hosting
company like 5 a year and they will supply you with address and as long
as u pay the fee u have those address for ever, anyone heard of this and
anyone have any more detailed info on this?

cheers!

I use 123-Reg.co.uk as well - no complaints at all - easy to set up as well

Old August 7th 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
You need to buy a domain. I use http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ and have the
mail forwarded to my ISPs server.

i use 123-reg in the same way, with a domain. i have it set up that any
address on the domain is forwarded, so you can have effectively an unlimited
number of addresses.

However - although i dont use it, the web site says they can rent you POP3
access (for Outlook express), and / or Web based email as well - but you
probably end up with a fee per mailbox that way.

Just bought a domain (www.do-not-buy-klaussner.co.uk) for 6.09 for
two years.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Regards

- replace xyz with ntl

Old August 7th 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

ok and does this include email accounts or do you need to forward it to your
own email? how much storage does this come with? say i had 20 emails waiting
for me and didnt receive them for 3 weeks would this be a prob, sorry total
noob!

Old August 7th 06, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:35:33 +0100, Dr Teeth
mangled uncounted electrons
thus:

You need to buy a domain. I use http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ and have the
mail forwarded to my ISPs server.

Just bought a domain (www.do-not-buy-klaussner.co.uk) for 6.09 for
two years.

www.oneandone.co.uk

A '.co.uk' domain for 1.99 per 2 years.

Martin D. Pay
Yes, I use them...
Old August 7th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

This all sounds good but a question. Whatever email address you forward them
to can you just click reply to and it uses the same one? So
could be my email address which could be forwarded to
say my isp or googlemail etc and I reply and it still says my domain email
that it's from and not say the isp one?

Also can you forward each email address you make to a different forwarding
address?

Hope that makes sense!

Simon.

Old August 7th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I use Thunderbird and it is set-up to always reply with my 123-reg
domain name (not the address shown on this reply). Not sure about
Outlook it it must have the same ability. The only time people would
find the actual address was if they were digging through the routing
headers.

Simon S.

Old August 7th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"MagicUK" wrote in message
ng.com...
: Were currently moving from 1 isp to another and consequently losing all
our
: email address, to stop this happening again can anyone recommend a decent
: secure email service, 5 emails required and will obv be receiving them off
: the server with outlook express. I read about paying a hosting company
like
: 5 a year and they will supply you with address and as long as u pay the
fee
: u have those address for ever, anyone heard of this and anyone have any
more
: detailed info on this?
:
:
: cheers!
:
:

The best thing to do is buy a domain name and use the hosting company's
email server this would cost you around 5ukp a year or less.Take a look here
http://host.kick-butt.co.uk . If you need any other help just let me know.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk