BT HomeHub, replacing with Linksys WAG54GS

Old August 8th 06, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT HomeHub, replacing with Linksys WAG54GS

Just swapped over from Bulldog to BT Broadband option 3.

I don't particually like the HomeHub, and want to use my Linksys
WAG54GS, which worked fine with Bulldog.

I've left the setting as
PPPOA
Multiplexing - VC
QOS Type - UBR
VC - Autodetect (picks up 38)

Username changed to (which is what is
configured on the Home Hub)
Password None (as per the homehub)

but it simply won't connect... any ideas

Cheers

Old August 8th 06, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just swapped over from Bulldog to BT Broadband option 3.

I don't particually like the HomeHub, and want to use my Linksys
WAG54GS, which worked fine with Bulldog.

I've left the setting as
PPPOA
Multiplexing - VC
QOS Type - UBR
VC - Autodetect (picks up 38)

Username changed to (which is what is
configured on the Home Hub)
Password None (as per the homehub)

but it simply won't connect... any ideas

Maybe you cannot change from the hub.
sounds like
a very generic username and maybe the line detects the home hub and assumes
you as a user.
I don't know, but that setting seems very strange.

Old August 8th 06, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I do know, you can order the service without the Hub, so I'm presuming
you could use your own router.

I'll speak to BT
Beck wrote:
ups.com...

Old August 8th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message
oups.com...
I do know, you can order the service without the Hub, so I'm presuming
you could use your own router.

Just a guess here but maybe it will not connect due to lack of password.
Have you called BT support and asked them your details?
Were you asked to setup a password when you opened your account?

Old August 8th 06, 02:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I do know, you can order the service without the Hub, so I'm presuming
you could use your own router.

Just a guess here but maybe it will not connect due to lack of password.
Have you called BT support and asked them your details?
Were you asked to setup a password when you opened your account?

Have you tried your user name i.e. and the
password you use for accessing your email

Old August 8th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I do know, you can order the service without the Hub, so I'm presuming
you could use your own router.

Just a guess here but maybe it will not connect due to lack of password.
Have you called BT support and asked them your details?
Were you asked to setup a password when you opened your account?

My BT router has a very similar login details, no password, I wonder if BT
use some sort of CLI on the line..

Des

Old August 8th 06, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Rchick wrote:

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I do know, you can order the service without the Hub, so I'm presuming
you could use your own router.

Just a guess here but maybe it will not connect due to lack of password.
Have you called BT support and asked them your details?
Were you asked to setup a password when you opened your account?

Have you tried your user name i.e. and the
password you use for accessing your email

Is the right answer.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL